Cloudy from these test results or just need a good brush/vac?

jrh590

Bronze Supporter
May 3, 2021
SC
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Liquid Chlorine
Hi! So I kicked my cleaner to the curb bc he wasn’t doing proper chemicals or checking for most items. He would brush and vac well though.
I checked my FC two days ago bc it got cloudy. It was zero! Apparently the pool man didn’t even have the chlorinator filled with a tablet like he said as a backup to liquid. Anyways I put a good bit of liquid in and have had high use this weekend. Attached are my results. Still cloudy but not awful. I brushed it the other day and just did a marginal vac job. I am going to buy a robot soon lol. Question- anything on my test results stand out that I should address or make you think it’s contributing to the cloudy? Idk how long the pool was at zero FC but I don’t think it would have been more than two days tops with pool cover on. Or maybe I need to shock bc it got to zero? I was confident but now I feel naked without a pool guy ha!

Great. When you can, go in the app to Settings and Share your logs. That way we can see everything.

With our recent statement you have had very little chlorine in the pool and your current test having FC below minimum, I would suggest following the SLAM Process. You can do a Overnight Chlorine Loss Test tonight if you wish, but with cloudy water and low FC, a SLAM is the best path.

Yes, you need a SLAM. A SLAM is different that just shocking the pool. Shocking may clear your pool, but it may not kill everything. SLAM is a process where you bring you FC up to shock level (20ppm for you) and keep it there until you pass the 3 criteria to end the SLAM. If your pool is still cloudy, shocking it one time was not enough. You need to keep at it until it's crystal clear.

Thank you all! Is it safe/comfortable for us to be in the pool while slam levels achieved?
You can safely swim in a pool as long as the FC is above the minimum and at or below SLAM level based on your CYA. You must also be able to see the bottom of the pool in the deep end of the pool.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.