Closing soon ...advice on floating cover source/size?

stephenson

Nov 30, 2009
In ground, 19.5' x 42'. Floating cover I had for six years finally deteriorated, but worked well and I threw the old cover away last year, but didn't measure it ...duh.

Could I get some recommendations from those of you who have been through this recently?
- best size?
- source and manufacturer and which "level" since prices vary widely (from reading many apparently believe less expensive makes more sense as they don't usually last longer than 5 years or so regardless of cost)
- high quality water bag source ...I like the double bags due to their stability, but I have found all to be unreliable in consistency of quality and end up replacing about 25% of them each year (no, don't overfill them :)

Thanks!

stephenson

Nov 30, 2009
Hasn't someone gone through the buying process, recently?

Would be great to get some advice on which covers and water bags are good values .....

Thanks!

Sunny Blues

LifeTime Supporter
May 18, 2012
Illinois
Water bags - I'm very much interested in the answer to this as well. I'm sitting down today to purchase a slew of new ones because so many didn't survive last winter. We purchased a bunch of new ones last year and half of them leaked before the end of winter. I thought we had bought a high quality, heavy duty brand too.

I just entered a google search for "best quality swimming pool water bags" and limited results to the last year. Of course, this post was up top. :p

Anyone?