Closing new Pentair 125 heater

Who wants to be the first to give me some guidance!? Had a Pentair Mastertemp 125 natural gas heater installed this year and find NOTHING online about winterization procedure.

I winterized my pool like normal yesterday, flushed returns, got water out of everything and antifreeze in place. Expected to have to disconnect lines to heater manifold and blow out heater, however when I did, antifreeze came out of the heater so I assume I accomplished flushing out the heater when I blew out my return lines from the opening in the filter. I’ve read that a pressure switch needs drained and I have no idea where it is!

Oh, and i cant find anything that resembles a drain plug anywhere!

DB219A47-A90C-4944-BB22-5302737F04F8.jpg29118792-E7FF-425F-9FC0-AF3823ADD5C7.jpgC4AAA3EF-0ABF-4BFD-B1DC-21D0956A931A.jpg

The manual says to remove it. However, I think that it will drain by itself because of the way it's pointing down. I don't know what removing it is supposed to do.

If you want to remove it, you can disconnect the wires and unscrew it.

I know some heaters have drain plugs, but I can not imagine that there will be any free standing water in the heater, unless there is a drop down type of reservoir that is not removing during the closing process. My returns take about 7-10 minutes to clear out (8 returns) and if the Cyclone does not remove all the water, I do not know what will. Even an air compressor will remove the water. Remember that air must travel through the filter first (unless bypassed) before you get to the first return, the second return, etc.

My heat pump has no drain plug or disconnects as I verified this with the manufacturer. My friends in the business do not remove the plug unless asked, and the friends who I help close the pool have never had a drain plug removed (if any) in their gas heaters. But again, I would suggest you remove it if the manufacturer states so due to warranty precautions.

I have the same heater. Look in your instruction manual and it tells you how to winterize it. If you don't have them you can go to the pentair website and download them. I pulled the pressure switch out for the winter, turned the switch to off, and there is no drain plug.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.