Closing in GA

Ribbod

May 30, 2018
Marietta/ga
Hey Guys- Not closing for a few weeks and this is the first time doing this in my own... We had a wonderful pool season and no problems with opening on my own and not one algae bloom all summer (first time ever)!

I don't recall my former pool guy blowing out the lines.. Is this necessary? Not planning on adding anti-freeze or anything but was curious if blowing the lines is necessary.

We do not have a main drain, only 1 skimmer and 2 returns- pretty basic set-up.

Thanks!

Follow the suggestions but here is what I have done for the last 18 years

Our area is tricky, we have winters than may only go below freezing for 12 hours all year and then winters where it stays in the teen's for days. But nothing like the cold up north.
My pool pad is above water level by at least 12" and what I have done in the past is just drained all the water our out the filter and pump ( remove both drain plugs from pump ) and opened all lines so they are dry
For water level I usually leave about 6" below the skimmers and let the pump suck out all the water also then insert the skimmer gizmo.

IF I think its going to get really cold I drop it below the returns and have used a shop vac and sucked the lines as dry as I can.
I have a separate small sump pump I keep around, we also get a lot of rain

I'm in NC and don't do anything much different than markayash. All my pool equipment is above the water level of the pool. I shut down everything and let the water drain out of the above ground pipes. Since our soil doesn't freeze below a few inches ever in the winter, I don't worry about blowing out the pipes underground nor do I add any antifreeze.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.