NOVA Vinyl

Apr 9, 2017
Berryville, VA
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Liquid Chlorine
Opening the pool today and to my surprise, all 3 of my podunk town stores are not selling 8.25% bleach. It's not like they were sold out, they just aren't carrying it now.

So instead of being the weirdo buying 6 gallons of bleach, I was the weirdo buying 9. Kid at the counter: "that's a lot of bleach". Me: "I'm planning on a big stain. Do you have any ski-masks?".

BTW, downloaded the TFP app today. AWESOME! Now I can delete my google sheets.

Texas Splash

Mod Squad
TFP Expert
LifeTime Supporter
Jun 22, 2014
Texas, San Antonio/Marion, South-Central Area
Pool Size
Surface
Fiberglass
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
CircuPool RJ-45 Plus
So instead of being the weirdo buying 6 gallons of bleach, I was the weirdo buying 9. Kid at the counter: "that's a lot of bleach". Me: "I'm planning on a big stain. Do you have any ski-masks?".
People always look at me funny when I buy several gallons of bleach, acid, rope, a shovel, plastic sheets, and duct tape at the same time. Don't know why. Bwwaaahaaaa.

VinceL

LifeTime Supporter
Apr 28, 2012
Newton, NC
We have always been able to get the 8.25% bleach at Aldi's. Every Spring I'm nervous the first time I walk into Aldi's: Will this be the year they lower the chlorine % in their bleach? :-?

Fortunately, it's still 8.25% this year. :)

JoyfulNoise

TFP Expert
Platinum Supporter
May 23, 2015
Tucson, AZ
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Pentair Intellichlor IC-60
:laughblue:

I can still get 8.25% at Kroger. For now ... y'all don't mess it up for me! :-D

You have an SWG, you don't need bleach. And, even if they did drop the %'s, you'd still be ok. How much do you actually use in the winter....a gallon or two? This past winter I added 86 fl oz of bleach to my pool...86oz the entire winter! Target got me for $2.99 on that purchase. It was hard on the family budget that month, but we survived :laughblue:

Thread Status
Hello , This is an inactive thread. Any new postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. You will get much more visibility by Starting A New Thread