Clogs or jams during backflush

Jun 13, 2014
TX
I have a intex sand pump connected to my above ground pool. Today, when I was doing the backflush that I do once a week, I noticed the amount of water being flushed out started to reduce in quantity until it became just a trickle. I could her something building up in the canister so I shut it down switched to rinse and that kept pour out water at full speed as long as I had it on. I then stopped it and put it back to filter.

I did all of this again with the same results. What is happening that is causing my backflush to clog up or stop pumping out water? It never did this before.

Your sand may need to have a deep clean done, it is not hard but it should get rid of the clumps in the sand :)

I did the deep clean. The sand was bad but not nearly as bad as the sand in the example video of the deep clean process. My issue was more a white screen connected at the bottom of the multi-way valve assembly. I loosened it up and lifted it right off of the sand tank. The white screen was clogged with lots of hair like fibers most likely from bathing suits I'd guess. It was also clogged with pieces of sand, seed shell pieces and just tons of random small stuff. I took about 10 minutes to clean it all out real good and did the sand too per the video. I'm all good again I think. I actually forgot to pay attention to the backwash pressure after I did all of this to it. I will backwash it again tomorrow and see. If I fail to report back, it is because all was well. Thanks again! My entire AGP set-up is less than 2 years old.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.