Clogged Polaris 360 wwll filter

May 30, 2012
The wall return filter in my Polaris 360 is clogging with blackish granular debris. This happens over 4-5 hours. I replaced any leaking "fins" in the DE filter last winter as this clogging was happening last summer. Figured debris was getting through the DE filter into the Polaris return. I have backwashed the initial post-opening DE.
I am at a loss to determine the source of the debris. Pump impellers? The big "clock" valve? holes in the DE filter still?
Chlorinator goes through a separate line.
Any ideas? :?: :?:

Bama Rambler

Mod Squad
LifeTime Supporter
TFP Expert
Jun 23, 2009
SouthWest Alabama
Welcome to TFP.

What does the debris look and feel like?

The description sounds like rubber but you didn't say it looked like that.

Is your polaris filter plumbed before your main filter?
If so do you see any of the debris in the main filter?

Can you post a pic of the debris?

May 30, 2012
I hav taken pictures of the debris but I hav no idea how to post the pix in a message.

Can someone give me some help. I have searched the FAQ and don't understand the directions

7cycleman

Bama Rambler

Mod Squad
LifeTime Supporter
TFP Expert
Jun 23, 2009
SouthWest Alabama
Most of us use Photobucket but there are a lot of others. You can go there and sign up for a free account and upload your pictures there and they have a handy tool that allows you to copy and paste the link easily.

Apr 29, 2012
I took mine out, shouldn't need it with a 360 as far as clogging goes... It should shoot right into the bag in most cases. Other models might have smaller jets which may clog.

May 30, 2012
OK, I have a Photobucket account ,uploaded the pictures,and have copied the link to a "clipboard" somewhere.
How now to get the link into a messsage here?

May 30, 2012
See pictures of the debris in the Polaris 360 wall filter. This amount accumulates over three to four hours.

I don't know why this link isn't clickable. But I am learning.

Thanks for the photo advice

7cycleman

May 30, 2012
Yes. I took out the filter as recommended by cepler in an earlier post. The debris went right through the Polaris.
I thought to try the filter agin and the debris is building again although not as fast, over a day or two now as opposed to a few hours.

May 30, 2012
Dave:
I would have to open the DE filter to determine that. It is too big a job in my case to get it sealed properly.
Would the bleach go into a skimmer and what would that accomplish ?