Orange = skimmer (old with one hole) 100% open
yellow = main drain 100% open
purple = old Polaris return. now used as regular return.
red = 2 end returns
green= current water flow direction
Hi, all! A few questions for you. When the Polaris was used, it had a separate pump, but now that return is plumbed in with the others. When the Polaris was being used, the water flowed well into the skimmer. Now that we are using all 3 as returns, there is a lot of surface debris that either floats past the skimmer weir door or it never gets near the skimmer door. Quite a lot of debris just floats between the old Polaris return and the return on the left. It goes nowhere.
1. Should I close the old Polaris return? I thought 3 returns would be better than 2. Maybe not?
2. The debris goes into the steps and quite a bit of it stays on the steps and never floats to the skimmer door. Should we try moving the water flow counter clockwise? It seems like it will still have the same problem of collecting on the steps.
3. Eyeballs are pointed to the left with a little bit of waves. Since I have a main drain, do I still need to point one return down? Maybe the old Polaris return?
4. I saw a plastic thing I could buy that goes on the skimmer door and sticks out about 15". The premise is that because it sticks out, it is supposed to collect the debris farther from the skimmer. Does anyone know if this will work since a lot of debris floats right past the skimmer. The water level is halfway on the skimmer frame.
5. Any suggestions on anything else to get the debris going into the skimmer?
Thanks for any advice.