Clear Water, Hardplumb and New Pump

RodRamos

In The Industry
Jul 24, 2019
Trinity, Florida
Finally got tired of cleaning cartridges and upgraded to a sand filter. I know my pool is tiny so this filter is super overkill but hopefully next season when we upgrade to an 18×56 steel wall pool I ca use this same filter. Also just for fun and to see if I could do it I hard plumbed it, nothing fancy like jets, waterfall or sprays, just the skimmer for the inlet and a standard port as the outlet.

Also thanks to everyone here my water is very clear and chemicals are balanced.

Also if anyone is wondering, the concrete blocks are there because I use a plastic storage container as the cover until I build an enclosure around the pump. Also landscaping isn't done yet.
20190825_120105.jpg
20190825_120056.jpg

Reactions: Teald024
Beautiful job on that!! Really nice. Good that you got the big one for your next pool. I bet you could run that for 2-3 hours a day and still have a perfect pool. Although if you get many leaves that awesome skimmer will make you want to run it more, hehe.

I think yours is probably one of, if not the first small pool with a through wall skimmer. I think they all should have them, but apparently adding another $20-$30 to the price of the pool isn't something the mfrs think is important or doable. Dumb... I think people would pay it gladly.

Beautiful job on that!! Really nice. Good that you got the big one for your next pool. I bet you could run that for 2-3 hours a day and still have a perfect pool. Although if you get many leaves that awesome skimmer will make you want to run it more, hehe.

I think yours is probably one of, if not the first small pool with a through wall skimmer. I think they all should have them, but apparently adding another $20-$30 to the price of the pool isn't something the mfrs think is important or doable. Dumb... I think people would pay it gladly.
Yes I agree. The pool is under a huge oak tree and until a few months ago there were 2 oak trees above the pool (we had one tree cut) so leaves are a huge concern. Which is the reason I got the through wall skimmer. I wanted so.ething that could handle all the leaves. It does an awesome job but I am constantly emptying the skimmer basket and some leaves sink so I manually remove those with the net. Were looking at getting rid of the other tree as well. The good thing is next season when we upgrade to the hard wall 18x56 I should be able to use the skimmer and the pump. And you are right, the timer on the pump is set for 3 hours, handles the cleaning like a beast. Lol.

Reactions: frogabog
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.