Clear Water, Good Chem, Still Green Spots

alexager

May 2, 2020
Houston
If you want to see my pool chem history since I started TFPC this month my link is:

If not here is where I stand:

11.5k Gal
FC 8.0
pH 7.2 (just added MA to bring TA down, so it is on the rise)
TA 60
CH 310
CYA 45
CSI (-.56)
84*

Water is clear and all parts are running great, running robot 3x/week. But still getting green spots near lights, main drain and a lot in the spa.

Any ideas? TIA

Those logs don't show SLAM level chlorine ever. You've got algae spores in the pool. They might be lurking inside the ladder or under the steps or behind the light or inside the skimmer throat. And when they come out to play and find a spot with poor circulation, they set up camp and start reproducing.

You need the SLAM Process
Be sure to check hiding places. Here's what I mean. Just look at the pictures.

And in the future, brush more. That'll eliminate any dead spots.

Those logs don't show SLAM level chlorine ever. You've got algae spores in the pool. They might be lurking inside the ladder or under the steps or behind the light or inside the skimmer throat. And when they come out to play and find a spot with poor circulation, they set up camp and start reproducing.

You need the SLAM Process
Be sure to check hiding places. Here's what I mean. Just look at the pictures.

And in the future, brush more. That'll eliminate any dead spots.

Thank you. I did do a SLAM with 2 lbs of Leslies Shock with a brushing, it just seems to not have gotten logged as I was still new to the program. However, I had just drained the pool 2/3's due to extremely high CYA and so I may need to do another round now that i have stabilized the water chem somewhat.

Thank you. I did do a SLAM with 2 lbs of Leslies Shock with a brushing, it just seems to not have gotten logged as I was still new to the program. However, I had just drained the pool 2/3's due to extremely high CYA and so I may need to do another round now that i have stabilized the water chem somewhat.
You may wish to refresh your memory on what a SLAM is. It's more than a one-time megadose.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.