Cleaner's back wheels not touching the ground

hjecust

Oct 31, 2019
I have a pressure side cleaner, Letro Legend pool cleaner. Recently it started to show the problem that the rear side does not touch the ground, no matter the booster pump is running or not. Looks like some air was trapped inside the cleaner. Also I noticed that backup valve was stuck in backup mode with water shooting out the valve constantly. I plan to replace the backup valve. However, I am not sure whether the dysfunctional backup valve caused the floating issue. Have you guys seen the same issue? Any suggestions are welcome.

Looks like some air was trapped inside the cleaner.

That is likely your problem. You probably have a small suction side air leak that is putting air bubbles into your returns. The air is accumulating in the cleaner and affecting the buoyancy of it.

Thanks a lot for the reply. I did an experiment today to check the potential air bubbles in the water. I took off the hose at the inlet of the backup valve and then emerged it to the water while the booster pump was on. As shown in the picture, it did not show any air bubbles, even though a high volume of water was being pumped. Do you think it can prove that there is no suction side air leak?

IMG_1116.JPG

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.