Clean Line solid safety cover - reviews?

Stilly

LifeTime Supporter
Feb 26, 2012
Lancaster, PA
Does anyone have the Clean Line solid safety cover?
It is one of Pool & Spa News top 50 picks for 2012: http://www.poolspanews.com/top50products/2012/topproducts4.html

It is time for our PB to come out and measure for the mesh safety cover that we have contracted for with our build this year. But I am unsure if I wanted to keep the mesh or go with a solid cover. I think that I realize the pros and cons of each. Will my spring opening be easier with a solid cover? I was concerned about having a pump plugged in while my small dogs were in the yard, which is why I selected the mesh cover, but I am thinking now after having the pool for a few months that this won't be an issue.

Any pros and cons that someone with experience can share as to whether I should keep the mesh cover or go with a solid cover?

swimcmp

In The Industry
Nov 8, 2011
Moberly,MO
Go with a solid cover. If you close your pool with clear water it will open that way, a mesh cover will open to green water unless you open early in the year

Qwaxalot

In The Industry
Jun 20, 2012
The biggest problem with a solid cover is the snow load, and the type of deck it's anchored to. That said, a solid cover will give you a much more satisfying opening.

With the solid cover, you really must use a cover pump.

Stilly

LifeTime Supporter
Feb 26, 2012
Lancaster, PA
Thank you for your input, Qwaxalot. I think at this time we are leaning towards staying with the mesh cover, but possibly upgrading it to the deluxe UV blocking one, and planning on a late closing and early opening each season.

swimcmp

In The Industry
Nov 8, 2011
Moberly,MO
I wouldn't even do that. The UV blocking ones imo are no better than a plain mesh. If you are going to pay to open and close the pool I would definitely go with the solid cover. You will be much happier with a solid cover.