Clamp stuck on filter cartridge-Pentair cc100

megaflik

Oct 18, 2020
NEW PRT RCHY, FL
You guys saved me. I used the infomation dated back to 2011-all good stuff. I had been trying for a week to get my clamp, screwed on wrong, off the cartridge. I tried wd-40, the pressure from the pump-stand back, and then the magic trick: Hot water and a mallet. I released the pressure on the bottom of the cartridge and let the water run out. I poured hot water, carefully, around the lid and clamp. I carefully inserted a screw driver and tapped with my mallet wherever it would fit around the lid and clamp. Then I tapped my mallet in counterclockwise position. I thought it was my imagination that it moved. I tried squeezing the releases on either side of the clamp-didn't work. I hit the release section again with gusto but not too hard: It swirled to the left. My pool filter hadn't ran for a week. This was like a miracle. I thanked the sky and all who look down on me and I thank you for all your good information.
Deb

ajw22

Gold Supporter
TFP Guide
Jul 21, 2013
Northern NJ
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Pentair Intellichlor IC-60
Welcome to TFP.

Glad we could be of help. Hang around and browse

Texas Splash

Mod Squad
TFP Expert
LifeTime Supporter
Jun 22, 2014
Texas, San Antonio/Marion, South-Central Area
Pool Size
Surface
Fiberglass
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
CircuPool RJ-45 Plus
Woo hoo! Welcome to TFP! :wave

full

Thread Status
Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.