Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
CircuPool SJ-40
Moved from HERE

@JeaniB ,
I've been having problems with an SJ35 I purchased earlier this year. I've been through all the steps of "turning the screw" adding a jumper, sending my unit in for repair, installing. a new flow switch and finally having a full unit sent as a replacement. The only thing I haven't changed yet is the flow switch housing. I suspect that's the problem. I'll go to Lowe's this evening for some new fittings and get that swapped out. I'll let you know if that fixes my problem.

Last edited:
Reactions: JeaniB
Since this post got moved to it's own thread, I'll add some details about my problem. I did an install in February this year and within a couple of weeks, I had a problem with the flow light coming on red and thus not making any chlorine. Support sent instructions on how to open the unit and adjust. That worked for for a few weeks. I came back from a trip to a pool starting to turn green and red lights for temperature and flow. Pool temp was 68. Support told me I was missing a jumper so I added one and it didn't help. I was sent a winter cover for my cell and a shipping label to return the unit and cell. The unit came back with a jumper in place of the wire I installed and a cross-threaded screw allowing one wire to slip out of the connection where they installed the jumper. I repaired that screw and had the same red lights for flow and temp. They then sent me a replacement flow switch. That didn't help either. At this point I was getting very upset and they offered to send me a brand new unit which arrived yesterday. I installed the new cell and the new control panel and no change in red light conditions. I went to Lowes last night and got new 90* fittings and replaced the flow switch housing and viola. The unit fired right up with green lights for temp and flow. It seems to still be working this morning. Hopefully this is the final solution.

Reactions: JeaniB
That is awesome.. I installed mine sideways and it has worked also since I got my salt figured out... Hopefully all of them can get working because when they work they really are great SWG's :)

Thank you @eville! So, is the water temp light supposed to be on green when it is running? Even when I got mine running for the 5 hours, the water temp light is off. There also seems to be some confusion on where the water temp sensor even is. One guy told me in the flow switch and another said no it’s in the cell. I work all weekend, but I’ll replace the flow switch housing Monday and see what happens. Thanks again for your input.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.