Circupool RJ-60 install pictures & process

yubbie2

Bronze Supporter
Apr 1, 2017
Houston, TX
After months of research, I purchased and installed a Circupool RJ-60 SWG last weekend. I researched and compared pretty much every brand, but Circupool continuously stood out in terms of warranty, chlorine generation, installation ease, and price. There was also no warranty penalty for self-installation.

Started early afternoon on Sunday. It took me a few days to buy all of the elbows & unions, as PVC is still in short supply after the TX freeze a few months ago.

I cut the 2” PVC between my DE filter and the pipes going back to the pool. Dry fit most of the parts together to make sure I wasn’t forgetting anything.

My ‘aha’ moment was adding 2 unions right at the beginning of the SWG cycle, in case I ever needed to do any significant maintenance. My double ‘aha’ moment was installing the 2 unions in opposite orientations, so I’d only have to buy a 3rd one to complete the bypass unit (last picture). I then just started measuring, cutting, and glueing everything together. It took me several hours, but I went slow.

Final product in the pictures above. The water comes out of the DE filter, goes through about 15” of straight pipe into the flow switch, around the U-turn, into the SWG, and back out to the pool. Soon I’ll make a small roof/cover for it as the TX sun breaks clear PVC down quite quickly. I put a block of wood temporarily under the end of the unit, as it was torquing down a bit with all the added weight. I guess I could have installed it vertically to avoid that, oh well.

Once everything was done and working, I used the 3rd union to build the bypass system. I figure if I ever need to remove the unit for replacement, maintenance, freezing temps, etc, I can do that very quickly.

I did the wiring the next day after adding salt to the pool. It quickly started generating chlorine! So far really impressed with how easily it went it and how well it works.

Hope these pictures help someone else who is on the fence about it

(I don't know how to put these in the right order)

I'm getting ready to try a DIY install of the same SWG in a few weeks (once I get a few other preparatory steps complete). Appreciate you taking photos along the way and sharing!

Looks good but I was hoping to see an increasing number of beer cans with every picture and I was disappointed :ROFLMAO:

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Check page 15 of the manual at the very bottom. Assuming you have a VS pump and want to run it slow when using the swg, to avoid an air or H gap.
Nice use of the unions to avoid having to purchase the cell bypass unit from CP. :cheers:

Check page 15 of the manual at the very bottom. Assuming you have a VS pump and want to run it slow when using the swg, to avoid an air or H gap.
Nice use of the unions to avoid having to purchase the cell bypass unit from CP. :cheers:
Oly
I have an rj-45 on its way, so I decided to peruse the swg forum for insight.
Can you kindly elaborate on your last sentence? Why would any of us need a cell bypass unit?
My swg will go on a straight line of pvc out of the filter to the return lines, so should I consider using unions as well (in addition to those of the cell)?

thank you

Oly
Can you kindly elaborate on your last sentence? Why would any of us need a cell bypass unit?
My swg will go on a straight line of pvc out of the filter to the return lines, so should I consider using unions as well (in addition to those of the cell)?

thank you
They use it to close and winterize the system or just bypass it.. You will not need a bypass, if you wanted one you could do one though... :)

Reactions: nabril15
Oly

thank you
When water temps drop below 65f the SWG may stop generating and the bypass allows removal of the cell for storage and contined use of the pump until things warm up in the spring.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.