Circupool Power On Status

Herbaldew

Bronze Supporter
Jul 16, 2018
Milton DE
My unit will be here tomorrow but my pool is still closed with a water temp of 55°. I will mount and wire the box and plumb the cell using the bypass cell in its place when it arrives. I plan on opening the pool on Friday and start getting the balance right and let some sun hit the water to start it warming up.

Anyway, its going to be sometime next week at the soonest before I bring the SWG online and I have a question that requires it to be powered on to answer. What is the control box's status when power is applied? Does it come back on in the last state it was in when powered off or does it come back on and start generating? I ask because I often use a fountain at night during the dog days to cool the water and wonder if I am going to have to remember to turn the SWG back on in the morning when the timer hits "on" time again.

I just thought of another question - will it harm anything for the control box to have power without the cell connected? As stated above I plan on wiring it tomorrow but the cell won't be plugged in for some time. Should I use a plug instead of direct wiring to the timer as I had planned?

Thanks

Edit: "Should I use a plug instead of direct wiring to the timer as I had planned?" Beings I will be bringing it inside for the winters, I would say "Doh - Yes!" :) That leaves only the bonding wire to disconnect.

Last edited:
Reactions: TimTucker

Brett S

Mar 15, 2019
Orlando
I just installed an RJ-30+ and it will remember it’s status. If you power it off on the control panel, then cut power to it, then reapply power it will still be off. If it’s on and generating when you cut power, then it will turn on and start generating again when power is reapplied.

It is worth noting that it has a 180 minute cycle, so if it’s set to 50% then it will generate for 90 minutes, then stop generating (but remain powered on) for 90 minutes, then the cycle will repeat.

However, it does not remember the state of the cycle when power is disconnected. So if you have it set to 50% and power it for 90 minutes then it will generate for all 90 minutes. If you then cut power and reapply the power it will start generating again and will do so for the next 90 minutes.

I don’t think it would hurt anything to have it powered with the cell disconnected. Worst case you’ll get an error message of some sort. Obviously I would leave it powered off via it’s control panel and not tell it to try to generate, but I don’t think it will hurt anything.