Circupool 240Volts

Feb 19, 2017
Tampa
Had some questions for anyone who has a Circupool SWG or even knows about converting from 220 volts to 110.

Water values are all fine so we called Circupool as our new SWG is running but producing no bubbles. Was told our SWG is 240VAC and will run but not produce chlorine at 120 Volts. We had the SWG installed not realizing it was wired into the timer and is 120VAC. Voltage on the Circupool listing on Ebay stated 110-240v so we thought we were all set.

Wondering if anyone else has had the problem with Circupool and/or if it is practical to try and convert everything to 240 volts or if we are better off exchanging the unit?

Thanks

Circupool has a number that you can call, and they'll instruct you on how to convert it from 240v to 120v.
Basically you move the wire from terminal J12 to J11 and from J8 to J14. You may want to call them to make sure that's correct.

Please post back if you find it different than that.

There is a diagram inside showing how it is wired to the transformer. There is an white plastic area where four wires are screwed into the top four screws. The 220V has a cable going from the bottom of the 2nd to the third wire while the 110V has a two cables one going from the bottom of the 1st to the second and another cable going from the bottom of the third to the fourth. I'll try to post a pic later.

There is a diagram inside showing how it is wired to the transformer. There is an white plastic area where four wires are screwed into the top four screws. The 220V has a cable going from the bottom of the 2nd to the third wire while the 110V has a two cables one going from the bottom of the 1st to the second and another cable going from the bottom of the third to the fourth. I'll try to post a pic later.

Sorry to revive an old thread but I think this is needed info because this is the thread that comes up on google search.
Circupool tells you to go to their help site to convert the unit from 220 to 110, but there is nothing on their helpsite and their support couldn't answer any questions just told me to send it in. ( I did not want to open it for fear of voiding any warranties, I am an Electrical Engineer, so I knew it could be re-tapped, but anyone can do this who has a #0 flat head and a Torx bit and some scrap wire)
For anyone else wondering how to do this.
FOR THE NEWER SJ MODELS AT LEAST DO NOT FOLLOW CIRCUPOOL YOUTUBE INFO!!

Do not remove the back cover, you are just giving yourself more work...

Remove 4 torx screw, 2 in each side of the unit. I believe they were T10.
From there on the bottom right you see the transformer tap. You are moving the jumper that comes stock on 3--2 to 1--3 and then adding your own jumper on 2--4.

Code:
  220V                      110V
 1    3     2      4        1   3      2    4                   
       |___|                |___|      |___|

Keep the other 2 wires that are already installed on 1 and 4 in their same places.
I have also included pictures, the above is for someone to see in quick reference or if pics aren't working.

20170531_211731.jpg20170531_211701.jpg

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.