Choosing a timer.

Jun 14, 2009
Cincinnati, OH
I have a Hayward superpump Model C48L2N134B1
1 1/2HP
120/230V
18.6/9.3A

I was looking for a timer to help reduce the amount of time the pump runs. (currently it's 24/7)
I'm kinda of confused looking at them so I thought I would ask.
What are my options?

The one that came with my pool was made by Intermatic. It's similar to the ones you buy at Lowe's or Home Depot that you turn the dial to set time of day, and clip in those little green and red tabs that turn the power on and off. This one mounts on the post and plugs into the receptacle and the pump plugs into it, no wiring required. Just watch you don't lose the tabs. Mine came with four, I'm down to two.
It's similar to the one here »» http://www.intermatic.com/products/time ... hb31r.aspx

I think Intermatic is pretty much the standard. They don't really get much simpler than this:
mickey4paws-IntermaticTimer.jpg

There are others available as well, check out the Encyclopedia in Pool School.

Richard320 said:
I think Intermatic is pretty much the standard. They don't really get much simpler than this:
mickey4paws-IntermaticTimer.jpg

There are others available as well, check out the Encyclopedia in Pool School.

When browsing online for these types of Intermatic timers I find all kinds of model numbers, and price ranges from like $59 - $199 on them. I guess that's more of what I was looking for. Which model number(s) should I be looking at?

Before we can give you a specific model number we need to know more info.
Like, What voltage is the pump running on now? Is there more than one item you want to control? Does it need to be in an outdoor enclosure? Do you want a see-thru cover?

I.E. The T103R is a douple pole timer in a NEMA 3R metal case with a 125 volt 60 hz clock motor.

Bama Rambler said:
Before we can give you a specific model number we need to know more info.
Like, What voltage is the pump running on now? Is there more than one item you want to control? Does it need to be in an outdoor enclosure? Do you want a see-thru cover?

I.E. The T103R is a douple pole timer in a NEMA 3R metal case with a 125 volt 60 hz clock motor.

Do i need to open the pump up to find out how it's set up?
The electrician did it last year when the pool was being put in.

The only thing going to run on it currently would be the pump.
And yes it would be housed outdoors. A see through cover is not important to me.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.