Chlorine way too high??...

edbson

Well-known member
Jun 26, 2007
72
0
#1
SO I am attacking my algae bloom, and I asked my husband to pour a gallon of bleach in the pool this evening. I asked him later if he did and he said No, so I poured one in......then he poured another( because I asked him to)..anyways, I tested and my levels are like this...
FC: 40
TC:40
CYA:60
PH:7.5
I am figuring the green algae will eat up the high chlorine overnight, and hopefully DIE, OR I have severely damaged my liner......which could it be? Or both?
Help?
 

duraleigh

Admin
Mod Squad
LifeTime Supporter
Platinum Supporter
TFP Expert
In The Industry
Apr 1, 2007
31,264
3
Sebring, Florida
tftestkits.net
#3
I would bet money you'll have no liner damage. The chlorine is diminshed instantly as it attacks the algae so your high level probably didn't last very long. It would be helpful if you post back and let us know....I'm thinking you'll be just fine.

BTW, How big is your pool? For two gallons of bleach to raise a pool to 40ppm the pool would have to be around 3000 gallons.
 

edbson

Well-known member
Jun 26, 2007
72
0
#4
I really don't care if the liner bleaches...I am pretty sure the Chlorine was high before we added more, but the pool is roughly 10K gallons( hard to tell with the added rainwater). It was 12% bleach, so hopefully it will will it all.
 

edbson

Well-known member
Jun 26, 2007
72
0
#5
It is definetely a MUCH lighter green color this morning, and the chlorine wa down to 10ppm, so I brought it back to 25 and am hoping for the best.