Moved from HERE
What do you mean by hiding behind the lights? I'm having a similar problem. I have Pentair Intellibrites and they say they aren't watertight, rather, the water is supposed to fill up the conduit under the ground. Can that be lurking with algae that is affecting my chlorine?No, not yet. Excessive FC loss could be any of the following:
- Low CYA; your CYA, if tested accurately, if not low. I would not add anymore right now.
- Algae; even if you passed the OCLT, something is eating chlorine
- Old reagents causing testing error
- Human error in testing; inconstancy in water sample location or drops
- Old chlorine that is not providing a reliable FC goal
It might be good to do another OCLT. Before that, be sure to inspect all areas of the pool very carefully since we know algae can hide in all kinds of places (Behind lights with a niche, under a drain cover, etc) or anything else submerged in the water.