Chlorine is too high. (Edit) I left the SWG off for 24 hours and then ran it at 100% for 24 hours.

Minda Martin

Bronze Supporter
Jul 22, 2019
Arkansas
Since the SLAM, 2 weeks ago, the TC has been extremely high. I added 250 lbs of salt after the SLAM according to pool math and ran the SWG for 24 hours at 100%. I now have it set on 35% 24-7. Today's readings:
FC -16 x .5 = 8
CC - 1 x .5 =.5
TC - 8.5
Total Alk = 60
CYA = 50 added 27 oz stabilizer (according to pool math) although I am not losing chlorine.
PH = Between 7.8 and 8
Salt = 3. (I have a Taylor Salt test kit) and it agrees with the number on my SWG.
Water is crystal clear although we have had over 4 inches of rain this week.

Your FC looks pretty good to me. I usually run mine between 5-10 with a similar CYA. That way I can always be sure I am at or above my target FC, and well above the minimum FC.

If it makes you feel better, you can safely swim up to the SLAM level, which is a FC of 20 for your CYA level.

Those test results look good to me. The SWCG is generating 2.5 ppm FC in your pool volume on your current settings, and that is just low of average, so good there. I see nothing to change. I assume your CYA will be a bit higher than 50 ppm next time you test, and that is fine.

Your FC looks pretty good to me. I usually run mine between 5-10 with a similar CYA. That way I can always be sure I am at or above my target FC, and well above the minimum FC.

If it makes you feel better, you can safely swim up to the SLAM level, which is a FC of 20 for your CYA level.
Thanks for the response! I thought my FC level was 4. Water is so pretty after opening a green pool.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.