chlorine in SWG pool fading/bleaching swimsuits

Jul 28, 2015
Grand Rapids/MI
Hey everyone.

I just installed a CircuPool RJ45 plus SWG this season and its working great. pool has never been cleaner. However, I have noticed our swimsuits are all fading/bleaching out now and my thought is the chlorine is the culprit. CYA is at 70 and FC is around 5ppm which I believe is the target FC for my CYA. previous seasons before I had a SWG I just manually added liquid chlorine and kept FC closer to 3ppm and never had any fading issues. Let me know if anyone has any thoughts on this. Im debating on lowing my SWG percent a little bit to see if it helps but am fearful that if I lower to much I may not have a clean pool much longer lol. would it be safe to lower FC to 4ppm with a cya at 70? or could there be any other reason why swimsuits are fading?

Thanks!
Braydon

Hey there Braydon..... your FC and CYA are not out of range. A pool with 1ppm of FC with Zero CYA is far harsher than your pool. How old are the swimsuits? Do you take them off and rinse them, or just let them dry un-rinsed?

Continue to follow the FC/CYA chart ratios- FC/CYA Levels
You can drop your CYA, which allows you to drop your FC, but they still need to remain balanced or you risk algae and having a loss of sanitation.

Maddie :flower:

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.