Silver Supporter
Feb 23, 2022
Dickinson, Texas
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Liquid Chlorine
The tab feeder is to be replaced at some point soon with a SWG, or, should I leave, and if so, where put SWG?

But, also there is the issue with the valve to right and below tab feeder. I had issue with the tab feeder not producing a thing on slow flow, and it was felt that that the skimmer return should have been on outlet side. Either way, long story of not getting brand name of skimmer from pluming contractor, possible missing nozzle in skimmer, and whether or not valve should be moved, the PB just sent someone out to put this low flow model feeder on and it works if I want to use it.

The skimmer nozzle issues, though minor, remain to be addressed. Is there a generic I can buy with same thread size?

Currently, I have just left the skimmer return closed and my skimmer works fine as it is.

I guess my question is if the SWG is to go where the feeder is now, the skimmer nozzle and valve need brought up to snuff??? Don't really need the venturi effect??? I don't know. Ideas?

Chlorinator.jpg

Last edited:
What SWG are you getting?

The SWG should be placed before the return actuator so water is chlorinated in POOL mode and SPA mode.

Tab chlorinator should be removed.

I have not picked out a SWG yet, but want to go behind all this just one last time. Thanks, I since have learned through here that the PB intended spa overflow to take care of spa water. My first clue should have been when I asked about slow setting on pump and was told as long as I can always see some water over fall in pool mode I'm good. The tab feeder does have what I feel is excessive flow restriction in venturi protrusion, and if not using, I can see no need for any of it. On that path, then, the need to move or efficacy of the skimmer return valve location is moot, other than I can't tell much difference one way or the other how it affects skimmer action, but then, I also don't have the nozzle.

You should use the SPILLWAY mode in your EasyTouch once or twice a day to refresh the water in your spa rather then let the spa overflow run all the time.

You want chlorination in your spa when it is being used for a long time. Right now you get no chlorination when in SPA mode.

I don't understand your skimmer and nozzle issues.

Do you have another thread going on about it?

Thanks for the info on the spa chlorination. I see!!! More than just an issue of turning it over through spillway mode on schedule or through constant bypass! I guess that will be my fix when I plumb in the generator.

No, no thread on the skimmer. I just know one contractor mentioned he didn't see the nozzle screwed into the can on start up, otherwise, I wouldn't even know such existed. From there, it's been discussed many times with PB and plumbing contractors moved on, and from what I can tell, it's an inexpensive part to screw in the port if I find one. Since nothing is going in front of that skimmer return it could starve, I can find the nozzle (hopefully) and see if opening the valve actually increases skimmer action on slow flow.

What type of skimmer do you have?

Most skimmers do not have a nozzle unless you have a fancy venturi skimmer.

Though can't pin down to brand, it's ported and plumbed like below. If you see where the from pump return is coming in, that port internally is threaded. I've found associated parts catalogs to the pictured skimmer, and it's not much more than a $10 nozzle that screws in. I assume to direct flow across to exit and create suction in addition to regular suction. As good as it all works with the valve closed anyway, it's been on my short list, but would like to know if it works as advertised.paramount-venturi-skimmer-exploded.png

Yeah, that is called a venturi skimmer.

I think it is more of a gimmick for them to differentiate their skimmer from what is a commodity product.

I don't think you see any difference in a well designed pool with regular returns and skimmers versus the venturi skimmer. The benefits claimed are marketing puffery.

Last edited:
That's reassuring, if that makes sense. Like said, it captures well and works fine working in old school mode. So, a whole lot of plumbing for an extra return and valve assembly for a simple skimmer in the end. The way it was plumbed was even worse. Sending return to pool ahead of any chlorinator, which was part to the genesis of the SWG questions. Thanks! Getting a lot better view of my system and how to better it.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.