PearlandPoolFam

Dec 14, 2020
Houston, Texas
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Liquid Chlorine
Hi all! I am still in the learning phase and seeing a few different locations people are storing chemicals.

I have liquid chlorine
Trichlor tabs
Muratic acid

Is it ok to store the tabs in their sealed bucket on the side of my garage that is mostly shaded inside a plastic storage tote?
And next to that another storage container for the MA? Does that container need to be further away? I have been using a filled bucket with chlorinated water to put the MA into and doing this by the pool.

What about storing the liquid chlorine?
I have a detached garage in which we keep our cars and a laundry room with a gas dryer as options.

It gets incredibly hot here in the Houston area so wanted to find out ideal safe spots. Many thanks!

Reactions: Texas Tony
Tabs and muriatic acid can be outside as long as they are shaded, water can’t soak them and they are not near anything metallic. The plastic tote is fine.

Liquid chlorine needs to be stored in a cool and dry place so it sounds like the laundry room will do. LC should not be stored outside or in hot places.

Reactions: PearlandPoolFam
I have been using a filled bucket with chlorinated water to put the MA into and doing this by the pool.
If you’re worried about handling Muriatic acid then don’t handle it twice as u are now- just open it over the water & pour it directly into the pool from it’s container in front of a return. If the jug is heavy let it float on the water a little. Brush the area afterwards.
Less chance of splashing/spilling & if things go squirrelly you will just be dropping it in the pool.
You can mark the jug in quart increments on the outside to guide your dosing.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.