‘Chemical spill’ in my TF-100 box

schwimmen

Bronze Supporter
Jan 30, 2017
Houston TX
(That should say TF-100.)

So my TF-100 box just arrived, but I can see and smell a spilled chemical. Says DPD powder. The top isn’t on the container. Looks more like a black rock than powder. For those who actually know what’s in this kit, is it safe to clean this up. Is the powder still good if it’s a solid block?

BF4DB1CF-CA66-49A0-BDDA-5329B89B3870.jpg

You should contact TF Test Kits and I'm sure they'll send you a new one.

If you need to clean anything, put on some rubber gloves. The DPD powder will stain skin black and it's not a friendly chemical to ingest. It looks like your DPD powder opened up and something liquid leaked.

Some of the sealed containers may be usable as future spares, but I would wait for a new kit and get used to using it first.

Sorry to see that! It must have been a disappointment :(

I received my first test kit today and the DPD powder was all in the box. The top had not been screwed on very well so it leaked out . The powder is white, but the OP with same problem is black. Is there a difference and should I contact them about losing a lot of the powder and how it got on everything inside?

Attachments

• 8FD4C631-B7DC-444D-894A-09BE43245E67.jpeg
    8FD4C631-B7DC-444D-894A-09BE43245E67.jpeg
    639.1 KB · Views: 13
I received my first test kit today and the DPD powder was all in the box. The top had not been screwed on very well so it leaked out . The powder is white, but the OP with same problem is black. Is there a difference and should I contact them about losing a lot of the powder and how it got on everything inside?
Hi hornedfrog38, sorry that your kit showed up messy like this. Could you please email me at [email protected] with your order number? I will make it right.

Thanks,
Nate @ TFTestkits

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.