cheap way to clean pool?

02GT

Jul 15, 2019
Ohio
My wife and I are getting a 27x52 steel wall pool and a robotic vacuum in a month once our house sells but in the meantime we put up a 24x52 "bestway" pool to have something until then. it came with this vacuum that you attach to your garden hose and it doesn't work at all.. just stirs up dirt on the bottom. Is there a "decent and cheap" (I know, decent and cheap don't go together) way to clean the bottom of this pool until we get our new one? I checked out a few youtube videos using the garden hose but for a pool this size that would take forever.. is there any cheaper vacuum kits out there that don't cost alot and actually work we can use for the next month or 2? Thanks!

If you are planning to buy a robotic cleaner anyway you can go ahead and buy one and use it in your current pool. I am assuming you are talking about a pool robot that runs independently of the pool's plumbing system?
If you are talking about a vacuum that attaches to the pool's skimmer, Intex makes a pool cleaner that should be compatible with your Bestway pool.

we don't want to buy the robotic cleaner yet (yes I'm talking about one that is independent of the pools filter and everything) because they will give us $200 off one when we buy the pool.. so just looking for something cheap for now.. I'll have to check out the intex one.. just wanted opinions on one that would be "decent" for now

Does the current pool have a skimmer?

You can do a standard vacuum head on a pole attached to your suction side or skimmer. You'll need a hose too.

Something like this:

it's not really "included" just $200 off.. some promotion they are running.. it's either the dolphin s50 or active 10.. I can't remember right off hand
you might find those cheaper, even with the $200 off, from Marina Pool Spa in Denver. Would be worth a phone call.

Reactions: BowserB
Does the current pool have a skimmer?

You can do a standard vacuum head on a pole attached to your suction side or skimmer. You'll need a hose too.

Something like this:
it doesn't have a skimmer, but it has 2 intakes and a return.. I could plug this in to one of the intakes I think.. I'll check it out.. thanks!

Get as many people as you can to start moving around the outside perimeter of that round pool.....more is way better but you can have an effect with two.

The whirlpool you create will send most all of the debris to the center of the pool where you suck it up with the vacuum and you are done. It works.

Keep chlorine in your pool. Don't leave the new owners a green mess. Practice TFP methods.

Reactions: dhane3 and frogabog

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
it doesn't have a skimmer, but it has 2 intakes and a return.. I could plug this in to one of the intakes I think.. I'll check it out.. thanks!

Yes, you should be able to plug the hose directly into the suction side inlets. If not however, I believe there's an adapter for that purpose. You should be able to get the vacuum hose locally too.

I will say that a skimmer will make your life so much easier. Less hand skimming, and far less dirt on the floor to have to vacuum. I like the through wall skimmers personally, but the over the wall type does also work. It just doesn't keep it's skimming insert in place if there's much activity going on in the water (i.e. kids).

our steel wall will have a skimmer (thank God).. we just put this in temporarily to get used to balancing water and "pool life" lol.. Wanted to make sure it was something we wanted before spending thousands on a steel wall.. but now we have plans for a huge deck and landscaping, etc..

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.