Changing sand/fixing filter

Jun 22, 2017
P.O. France
Hi all,
Sand has started entering my pool so I assume the that there is a problem with my filter so I need to empty the sand to see if it is repairable. The filter is an Astralpool 800mm diameter filter with a side-mounted multiport valve. I have removed the top cover which exposes the diffuser but I cant seem to remove this. Are the diffusers normally screwed on or should it pull off? Any help would be much appreciated. Thanks.

Thanks for the replies. In the end I made up some metal hooks and it pulled off after a bit of a struggle! Now the fun part comes as I try and remove the 350 kgs of sand from it in a confined space!
@notsofast
When I changed out my filter media several years back, I used a 16 gal Craftsman wet/dry vacuum. It went fairly quick, all things considered. Depending on the size of the filter, you will need to dump it several times but sure beats trying to use a small coffee can or similar.
r.

Reactions: kimkats
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.