Changing brushes and tracks on S300

ckendalls

Gold Supporter
May 17, 2018
Clermont FL
How often does one usually change brushes or tracks on a dolphin S300 and what does one look for? I probably run it 3-5 times for 2 hrs a week and its . I am not sure I am getting the same level of brushing I used to get and its a little over a year old.

Oly

Gold Supporter
Jun 28, 2017
Fresno, CA
Take a close look at the rubber brushes to see if the connection strips are failing or the brush flaps are torn. See if the track treads are worn down. These parts are wear items and easy to replace. Also open up the impeller guard and clean out any debris wound on the shaft.

ckendalls

Gold Supporter
May 17, 2018
Clermont FL
While the tracks look a bit worn, it still climbs no problem. I guess its more the brushing I wonder about. When I use a real pole brush, I get more haze than I used to... The “vac suction” works fine on visible stuff.

Oly

Gold Supporter
Jun 28, 2017
Fresno, CA
You stiill need to brush your pool if you use a bot. Maybe not as often but the corners and steps for sure once a week. Also wise to brush the entire pool once a month, the day prior to running the bot. My observation.

Geebot

Aug 19, 2013
I ran mine daily in pool season (Late April-Early October) for 4 years with no perceived degradation.