CFH, pilot lights, but noooo main burner fire ... raypak p-m336a-en-c

Aug 18, 2014
Middletown/NJ
Hi all,
I've got a raypak p-m336a-en-c that has had some intermittent firing issues, and now just won't fire at all.
The pilot lights when CFH but continues to arch/buzz intermittently. I replayed the pilot assembly and continue to get the same thing, with no main valve click (open), only pilot open and lite.
I've pulled the burner out and cleaned and checked all wire connections and grounds.
I guess my next step is to test if I can activate the main burner valve. I was thinking about jumpering the +24 volts from the pilot valve to the main valve.
Is that something I can do safely?

If that's not the problem, then I'm guessing it must be the control board?
We recently had a VERY close lightening strike and I'm wondering if a ground surge through the grounding wire could damage the control board circuit?
Thanks for any insight on this issue. The heater is only in it's 3rd season of operation and was new when installed.

Its the control board. It is not sensing the pilot lit thus not telling the main portion of the gas valve to open. Replace the board and you should be good to go.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.