Central Texas DIY 20x44 Vinyl Liner Build Done

You’re assuming he picked it up? It may have just been an enterprising person who saw an opportunity to add to their tool chest 🤔
You have a point but it's also a gated community and I'm pretty sure I could find some neighbor who would verify the make and model of vehicle that loaded it up.... They're all nosy Nellie's lol

We've got a couple small things to do on the autocover still but it's functional. And the diving board is installed. And with that, I think this build thread is complete?

I'll give a detailed timeline and costs if anybody is interested.

We've used it SO much this weekend it's nuts. Loving it!!!!20220704_180007.jpg20220704_175941.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
What is the giant bump?
It is an aquatic reptile of the order Chelonii or Testudines characterized by a special bony or cartilaginous shell developed from their ribs and acting as a shield.

Sometimes they mutate with radioactive goo and can learn ninja skills.

• Haha
Reactions: KfenTx and JamesW
What is the giant bump?

View attachment 432100
The skimmer. Since that side of the pool is quite sloped that was the concrete crews solution. We're getting some planters to block it and prevent any kind of trip hazard. We don't want people going between the pool and column anyway.

But I much prefer newdudes version lol

Reactions: Newdude
Congratulations! Gorgeous pool and glad you're enjoying it!
Thanks! It's kind of ridiculous how much we used it this weekend. I think my husband was in the pool by 10am Saturday. And we definitely spent four hours in it yesterday.

My kid might have an ear infection now. (More likely from the lake) OopsScreenshot_20220704-184937_Instagram.jpg

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Do you know about putting rubbing alcohol in their ears after swimming? That is the active ingredient in the fancy stuff labeled Swimmers Ear.
Yes! I had to use some when I was kid. I started that yesterday when she was complaining. Hopefully a couple rounds solves the problem and it doesn't require antibiotics.

I'll probably start using that on her regularly and maybe even put ear plugs in. She had ear tubes (because of recurrent infections) until they fell out about 2.5 years ago so hoping not to go down that path again!

Reactions: kimkats and Newdude
Just to wrap this thread up (we still have some trim pieces to put on the autocover lid but very minor stuff), I thought I would share the "final" cost, timeline, and some evening pictures of Jacque working.
1657824095750.png
The total doesn't include the pool floor labor cost which is still up in the air. I also didn't include some landscaping we did, new furniture we bought and so on. We also had some additional irrigation run so that price is higher than if we had paid for just fixing what we "broke" by putting the pool in.

1657824461209.png

So we were almost exactly five months from ordering to completion. We had 2-3 weeks in April where we didn't really do much and then a fair amount time was spent waiting for the pool floor to get finished (~6 weeks dealing with all that).

Thanks to everybody who gave advice or just lurked for pictures!

Attachments

• 20220709_205906.jpg
    20220709_205906.jpg
    162.9 KB · Views: 34
  • 20220709_205915.jpg
    20220709_205915.jpg
    169.3 KB · Views: 32
Hey @KfenTx I'm looking for some info in my build thread about installing the skimmer I got from Royal Swimming Pools and I was wondering if you had any photos from when you guys installed yours? It looks like you had a wide mouth one and one for panel pools, but I'm just looking for more references at this point. Were your panel walls pre-drilled at on the sides of the skimmer cutout?

Reactions: KfenTx
Just to wrap this thread up (we still have some trim pieces to put on the autocover lid but very minor stuff), I thought I would share the "final" cost, timeline, and some evening pictures of Jacque working.
View attachment 436002
The total doesn't include the pool floor labor cost which is still up in the air. I also didn't include some landscaping we did, new furniture we bought and so on. We also had some additional irrigation run so that price is higher than if we had paid for just fixing what we "broke" by putting the pool in.

View attachment 436024

So we were almost exactly five months from ordering to completion. We had 2-3 weeks in April where we didn't really do much and then a fair amount time was spent waiting for the pool floor to get finished (~6 weeks dealing with all that).

Thanks to everybody who gave advice or just lurked for pictures!
I love this write up. I'll attempt to do this for my build as well.

Reactions: KfenTx and Newdude
@KfenTx Awesome pool! Looks amazing! A couple questions if you don't mind: Were you left with any wrinkles in the liner? In some of the pics it looked pretty rough as far as the fitment?
Second question, is there any way you can get some closer pics of the auto cover tracks at the four corners? How do you like having the auto cover with a corner radius on the liner? Thanks!

@KfenTx Awesome pool! Looks amazing! A couple questions if you don't mind: Were you left with any wrinkles in the liner? In some of the pics it looked pretty rough as far as the fitment?
Second question, is there any way you can get some closer pics of the auto cover tracks at the four corners? How do you like having the auto cover with a corner radius on the liner? Thanks!
We have a couple wrinkles but they're not noticeable at all really, the vacuum and water weight do wonders

I will definitely take some pictures of the corners tonight. No complaints about the autocover with the radius corners. I really wanted square corners but that's a little difficult with a liner I think. The deck is still a 90 corner so aesthetically its nearly the same.

We have a couple wrinkles but they're not noticeable at all really, the vacuum and water weight do wonders

I will definitely take some pictures of the corners tonight. No complaints about the autocover with the radius corners. I really wanted square corners but that's a little difficult with a liner I think. The deck is still a 90 corner so aesthetically its nearly the same.
Yes, I'm in the same boat... I want square corners but I'm aware that its not a great idea with a liner. I figure a 6" radius is a good compromise without affecting the aesthetics too much.
I'm looking forward to your pics, thank you!

Yes, I'm in the same boat... I want square corners but I'm aware that its not a great idea with a liner. I figure a 6" radius is a good compromise without affecting the aesthetics too much.
I'm looking forward to your pics, thank you!
Alright! Took a bunch of pictures. Haha even tried to get some showing the wrinkles went away but kind of hard to see with the light and water movement.

Attachments

• 20220801_181629.jpg
    20220801_181629.jpg
    714.7 KB · Views: 31
  • 20220801_181641.jpg
    20220801_181641.jpg
    766.6 KB · Views: 32
  • 20220801_181652.jpg
    20220801_181652.jpg
    577.6 KB · Views: 30
  • 20220801_181843.jpg
    20220801_181843.jpg
    657.1 KB · Views: 30
  • 20220801_181517.jpg
    20220801_181517.jpg
    462.9 KB · Views: 30
  • 20220801_181733.jpg
    20220801_181733.jpg
    636.3 KB · Views: 30
  • 20220801_181812.jpg
    20220801_181812.jpg
    633.8 KB · Views: 27
  • 20220801_181812.jpg
    20220801_181812.jpg
    633.8 KB · Views: 30
Reactions: timjs
Alright! Took a bunch of pictures. Haha even tried to get some showing the wrinkles went away but kind of hard to see with the light and water movement.
Fantastic!! MUCH appreciated. You even have the exact steps/ledge design I want! Who manufactured your liner? I'm in love with your pool, I'm telling ya. The corners are no where near as noticeable as I thought they would be.

Fantastic!! MUCH appreciated. You even have the exact steps/ledge design I want! Who manufactured your liner? I'm in love with your pool, I'm telling ya. The corners are no where near as noticeable as I thought they would be.
Thanks and you're welcome! Our liner came from GLI (through Royal). It's light blue gunite and I've posted pictures in the big liner thread that show more detail

Reactions: timjs

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.