Cement fixer-upper

Jul 29, 2016
St. Mary's, KS
I have to fix several cracks and pits in our home made pool, as well repaint or add a lining. I need input on what type of product I should get for the cracks. Plus, since I really don't want to paint, I need creative suggestions on how to make an off the shelf AG liner work for this pool. It's basically a cement block lined hole in the ground with no plumbing openings... I'm having trouble adding photos right now, [emoji15] but will do it asap.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Here's a few quick pics to show the pool and some of its issues.
7df1f376a132e626c87fe7b3ddd46251.jpg
995956d976d8be9e050f467fc5f53369.jpg
9e67ee6b56c888ee05b440df2d59e5c6.jpg

Ya know, you put a liner track in there, some tile, a nice custom liner and add a skimmer and some returns you would have a darn nice pool there. :party::party:

Is there rebar in there? Frankly I would put pool putty in that crack and see what happens. If it gets worse then I might clean it out and use epoxy or something but for now I'd stuff the crack with pool putty.

Custom liners are not that expensive. I would go have a liner manufacturer or two bid a liner for you. Or if you are lucky it might be very close to the size of some above ground pool liners. You would still need a tract

Yes, there's lots of rebar in there, I'm told. I hesitate to do too much to the pool because my diy husband is working way too much & I fear that he'll start but not have time to finish! Not that that happened before - wink, wink! I'll definitely get a few quotes on a custom liner, especially since I'm not sure how to add the fastening system for a standard AG liner, and would it have openings for the plumbing that Id have to deal with? I thought that adhesive maybe the way though...

Wow!....St Mary's. I have hunted (pheasants) out there for the past 25 years. My cousins are from Winchester, KS and have friends who moved to St Mary's years ago. Small world......you live in stark but beautiful country.

There is a lot you can do to that pool but it will require a budget.

1. Homemade circulatory system - $1000 - for a small pump and filter and some piping. Not pretty but you have to circulate your water

2. Same as above but installing a skimmer - $1500

3. Vinyl liner - $500 - $800

That gives you an idea of some things. Most importantly is the pump and filter so you can keep your pool sanitary and algae free.

I see Aqua Bright being an option! If you want we can help you set up a system to filter the water. There are things you can hang over the side to use as a skimmer.

We can also help with the track holder IF you want to get a liner. I would be thinking about just patching it for now and see how it goes.

What is the back story on this pool and property? Did you just buy it? Any idea who built it and when it was built?

I hope you fix it up and let us help!

Oh and that doggy?????? SO CUTE!!!

Kim:kim:

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.