Cell Compatibility

Seadweller

Aug 21, 2009
Tampa Bay Area
I have a CircuPool Universal 40 system, and would like to buy a replacement cell to have "in stock" when needed. I'm 99.00% sure that the Universal 40 is made by the same manufacturer as a dozen other brands, but of course the other brands claim incompatibility with their cells across other brands.

Does anyone know which cells will work with my CircuPool Universal 40, besides the CircuPool "branded" cell? I'm seeing prices for what look like the exact same cell ranging from $279-$349.

Thanks!

Problem with keeping a cell in "stock" is your warranty starts the day you purchase it. When you install it months later and find it does not work you will have warranty issues.

Better plan is to keep some liquid chlorine in stock to use if your SWG fails. The LG will degrade over time so you will need to replace your stock every season. It only needs to hold you for a few days while a new cell is delivered to you.

Problem with keeping a cell in "stock" is your warranty starts the day you purchase it. When you install it months later and find it does not work you will have warranty issues.

Better plan is to keep some liquid chlorine in stock to use if your SWG fails. The LG will degrade over time so you will need to replace your stock every season. It only needs to hold you for a few days while a new cell is delivered to you.

Ah, I hadn't thought of the warranty situation. Of course they have no way of knowing when it goes into service after all. Liquid chlorine it is!

I still have the question of compatibility however.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.