CE error Hayward 250 H series pool heater, natural gas

Hi again...

Result !!! Changed the keypad and all working again... Heater fired up and keypad has all options functioning.

So changed both boards and pressure switch and lastly the keypad... should be OK for a while now.

Although had a new seal for the keypad I also put some silicone sealant around the outside of the bezel after it was screwed down to make sure any storm rain not seeping in... it has a hinged vandal cover over the keypad which helps but we had a tornado near last week and it was torrential rain... driving and windy... so could seep under the cover and maybe into the keypad... belts and braces...

Looks like I joined the CE error club too ..... oddly the CE code has been on for some time and still worked fine(iaqualink controls heater), but now nothing after not using for a while and getting propane tank filled.

Took side panel off, everything looks fine visually, verified power coming from 2 wires off iaqualink. Any other new tricks? not looking forward to $400-$500 for both of the boards.

but based on the manual page 33.... replacing the boards is the fix.

Attachments

• Hayward_Troubleshooting.pdf
    4.3 MB · Views: 15
This happened to me as well. We had like 4 days of rain and got the CE error. I opened up the keypad and used the blow dryer on the keypad board and walla, the code cleared and the heater started up. So it appears I need to get something else to cover the keypad besides the manufacturers cover, as I could feel the water on the board before using the blow-dryer.

Reactions: xford66
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.