CC 4x Higher Than FC--->Keeps Climbing

Update:
The SLAM process since Monday hasn't been going to well. The pool has been consuming FC drastically. Overnight, the FC went from 12 ppm down to 2 ppm, Monday night and last night. So this morning after testing, I dug around some other threads. Found one about someones light that was crammed full of algae that was causing FC to get consumed at an incredibly high rate. I took mine out, and boom, full of yellow/green algae. I vacuumed and brushed it out, and dumped an extra gallon of 7.5% bleach in the water.
Should I add any algae killer, or just let the chlorine do it?
Should I continue the SLAM process, or modify it due to this finding?

• Wow
Reactions: carnivalday
Chlorine is the best algae killer!
Proceed with the SLAM Process
Algecides really just help prevent algae & don’t kill it. ( also most add copper to your water which can cause staining & other problems)
Since you’ve found your main offender your consumption should begin falling.
Slam on!

Reactions: Avogadrosnumber
Algecides really just help prevent algae & don’t kill it. ( also most add copper to your water which can cause staining & other problems)
Slam on!
Slam on!
I'll keep SLAMming away! Any tips for preventing the buildup behind the light? Should I just take it out and clean behind it a few times a season, or is there something I can do to prevent it from happening in the first place?

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
I'm running low on liquid chlorine, and won't be able to make it to the store till tomorrow probably. I have some Cal. Hypo. in the garage left over from before the switch. If I do run out of liquid, can I continue the SLAM with the powder?

what is your current ch? That will determine if cal hypo would be ok (temporarily) It may be quite high if you used it alot before. Liquid chlorine is best😊

I'll keep SLAMming away! Any tips for preventing the buildup behind the light? Should I just take it out and clean behind it a few times a season, or is there something I can do to prevent it from happening in the first place?
Yes- Regular cleaning & Proper fc levels for your cya should be enough

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.