Thanks to this forum for everything I've tried so far. I didn't want to repost questions that have already been asked, but I figured there was enough unique here that it warranted asking. The bearings went on my old pump so I replaced it thinking that would solve the problem. It turns out the bearings going on the old pump was just a symptom of a larger issue. I am running the new pump sparingly right now and I do have a pool service company coming back out this week. I have a 15K gallon fiberglass pool with 1 skimmer and no main drain. I have a Hayward 1hp super pump and a Hayward C4025 cartridge filter. So it is just a single run from the skimmer to the pump.
- Significant cavitation in the filter basket remains after purging air out of filter
- I open the filter release valve and water does eventually come out, but I still hear air in the mix. I let it run for over a minute like that.
- Skimmer basket used to be sucked down into the skimmer assembly when pump was running, but now it isn't (put larger stones in the basket to keep it down. It was like this with old pump and is the same with the new pump
- Pressure out of the returns is fine for the first ~10 minutes
- I hear air in the filter not too long after and ~10 minutes of running I end up with air in the returns
- I ran a drain bladder and used a tennis ball on the other end to build up some pressure to try to clear the line of blockages. Some debris came out, but nothing significant
- I recently replaced the filters and when I tightened the filter ring initially I noticed a small amount of water leaking, but i was able to stop that leak
- There is one check valve on the suction side