Cash Flow Available/Which Pool Cleaner

Mendy48

Bronze Supporter
Apr 27, 2018
Midland, MI
I was finally able to save enough money for a Dolphin Cleaner (past post here). However, I'm now looking into getting the Dolphin Nautilus Robotic Pool Cleaner with Clever Clean or the Dolphin Nautilus CC Plus Swimming Pool Inground Robotic Pool Cleaner

I was thinking of getting the Dolphin S200 years back, but it's out of my budget now. Thus I have to settle for one of the above. Should I just wait to save a bit more money to get the Dolphin S200? I'm just impatient. Back hurts and I just can't seem to vacuum my pool manually anymore.

Any suggestions???

Unless the prices have gone up, Marina Pool Spa had S200 and its variants for less than the second one you linked to.
Call them tomorrow. They are in Denver, Co.

Reactions: imrodee and Mendy48

I just purchased a Pentair Warrior SE for $699, 2 day free shipping and no tax.. Ordered from Marina on Friday and it was delivered on Sunday..

The Warrior SE is the same as the S200..

Call Margaret Mills at Marina 303-985-0077

They do not open until 10 am Colorado time.

Thanks,

Jim R.

Thanks for this information...AWESOME.

I went on the website, I'm calling them tomorrow and making my purchase. They're closed right now. I really appreciate you guys letting me know about them again. I'm so excited to get my pool cleaner.

Reactions: imrodee

I just purchased a Pentair Warrior SE for $699, 2 day free shipping and no tax.. Ordered from Marina on Friday and it was delivered on Sunday..

The Warrior SE is the same as the S200..

Call Margaret Mills at Marina 303-985-0077

They do not open until 10 am Colorado time.

Thanks,

Jim R.
Just got the Pentair Warrior SE for $699. The S200 was out of stock and a bit more expensive. You're right though. They're both the same. Today, while manually cleaning my pool, I just about almost fell in the pool. Back was throbbing. It was horrible. I can't wait for my robotic cleaner. Can't wait. Thanks Y'all.

Okay! This cleaner is heavy. Since I’m the sole person responsible for cleaning the pool, I need to be able to carry this pool cleaner away and to the pool to clean it...right. Do you all recommend a caddy for this thing. I saw one here, but I’m not sure if I really need it. If I do, is there a cheaper one out there?

Also... I honestly thought that the Pentair Warrior SE had a remote control or some kind of Bluetooth. Or a smartphone function... LOL.... Doesn’t the dolphin S200 come with all of those, because I wanted something similar to the S200.
Also, how does the Pentair Warrior SE navigate the entire pool. Does this pool cleaner know the dimension of my pool: that way, it cleans the entire pool? Ugh... lots of questions I know.

Also... I honestly thought that the Pentair Warrior SE had a remote control or some kind of Bluetooth. Or a smartphone function... LOL.... Doesn’t the dolphin S200 come with all of those, because I wanted something similar to the S200.
Also, how does the Pentair Warrior SE navigate the entire pool. Does this pool cleaner know the dimension of my pool: that way, it cleans the entire pool? Ugh... lots of questions I know.
The Warrior Si is the one with Bluetooth. The S200 doesn't have Bluetooth either you'd have to go to S300 series (same cleaner just more features)

Marina has a good comparison sheet of what each model has:

It doesn't know the dimensions. It runs a 2 hour cycle each time and depending on size of pool will depend on where it gets. On my 16x32 pool it gets the vast majority of it in one run from what I have seen, but that will depend on how much dirt/leaves are in the pool.

I built a caddy for mine but with the water proof case it was just as expensive as the maytronics one. The waterproof case isn't necessary just something I wanted to be extra careful. Need for caddy is person dependent and where you decide to store it. Some leave it in, some have container near pool they put it in, I bring it in my basement after use and the caddy helps get it through the gates and doors a little easier and keeps things together. Just don't let it sit on the rollers long term if possible

Attachments

• 20200609_175536.jpg
    20200609_175536.jpg
    583.7 KB · Views: 26

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
I don't have the Bluetooth model and from what I have read wouldn't pay extra for it. It basically allows you to steer the robot to hit certain spots of the pool. I just ues the cable if necessary to drag it where I need it to be.

Reactions: Mendy48
Yea from what I saw the only Bluetooth feature that would have been potentially worth it to me was the floor only mode but you have to go to most expensive one for that

Reactions: Mendy48
Ok! I'm using my Warrior now in my pool. I've been watching it for maybe 30 minutes and I don't think... well maybe I expected something more???? I actually exchanged my Warrior for an SI (I know.. I know... ), but I wanted it.

Does the Warrior know the layout of your pool after a while? I'm trying to figure out why it's not cleaning a particular section of my pool. It's a new SI so it should work properly.

Nevertheless, it seems to be working well.

Keeping my fingers crossed that this was worth it. I have messed with the control panel yet.

It doesn't actually create a map. It works a lot like the non "smart" roombas that bounce around randomly using distance and other things. It doesn't have any memory so it starts from scratch each run. The algorithm works pretty well from what I have seen and my steps are the only thing it struggles with, but there isn't a robot that won't struggle from what I have seen.

The area that it doesn't get to how far is it from where you plugged it in? Is the cord tangling enough that it's stopping it from reaching? Any other features that might be getting in the way?

The one time I found it not do an entire part of my pool I had forgotten to toss most of the cord in the pool and it was caught on the coping

The only other time I can think of it having trouble, I had the start of an algae outbreak which prevented it from going up the walls
The area that it doesn't get to is not too far off. My entire pool can be reached with this robot. The cord is not tangling at all. It's out straight.

I think I just need to be patient. I've been indoor now. I'll check the pool later.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.