Cartridge filters

JasonLion

LifeTime Supporter
Platinum Supporter
TFP Expert
May 7, 2007
Silver Spring, MD
A cartridge already starts out being a great filter. Still, it can be improved at least a little, at least acording to the manufacturer of the products sold to do just that. Cellulose fiber products, such as CF-138 or Fiber Clear are supposed to improve the filtering of a cartridge filter (or DE or sand). You have to add more each time the cartridge is cleaned and it isn't cheap. Some people say it is great, most don't bother.

Also, a few cartridge filters are designed to take a little DE powder, but many cartridges will be ruined by DE powder. Don't try DE unless your filter manual recommends it.

G

Some people have reported good results by usind a chitosan based clarifier (Such as SeaKlear) with a cartridge filter. I tried it and personally did not notice a difference. (But then again, when the pool sparkles how much clearer can it get?:wink: )

momof2grlz

LifeTime Supporter
Mar 31, 2007
Sunny, Humid Central Florida
My PB recommended SeaKlear at start-up to clear cloudiness. It usually helps clear cloudy water within 24 hours. I don't use it regularly - only if the water gets a little cloudy and my test numbers are otherwise OK.

Chris

momof2grlz

LifeTime Supporter
Mar 31, 2007
Sunny, Humid Central Florida
My PB recommended SeaKlear at start-up to clear cloudiness. It usually helps clear cloudy water within 24 hours. I don't use it regularly - only if the water gets a little cloudy and my test numbers are otherwise OK.

Chris