Can’t quite get there

Teresab66

Jul 7, 2019
Elkhart Indiana
I was running with a CYA of 30 and we had an extremely hot period with torrential rains in the evening which wiped out my CYA per my kit I was guessing it was probably down to a 20 or a 10 and I had to add some additional water that I filter. Therefore today I added 4 gallons of liquid stabilizer tested my CYA and it’s at 40 then I added 1 gallon of liquid chlorine with a goal of bringing my chlorine levels Took 3.0. Yesterday I added chlorine in my pool turned brown and then green which I knew was the metals however I had already added metal shield the day before so I did not expect it to pull metals. I added the prescribed 9 ounces again with no results. I added 2 pounds of acerbic acid and literally watched my pool change Colors from green to blue it is slightly cloudy however my combined chlorine is zero. My question is what is the best sequestrant out there that people have found obviously the one I’m using is not working with my water or my water has just become immune to it. I can’t raise my chlorine too fast because I did add the acerbic acid but in all honesty it is about the only thing that I have found that Does anything with the metals advice please.

Texas Splash

Mod Squad
TFP Expert
LifeTime Supporter
My question is what is the best sequestrant out there that people have found obviously the one I’m using is not working with my water or my water has just become immune to it.
ProTeam's Metal Magic and Jack's Magic the Pink Stuff (regular), the Blue Stuff (fresh plaster), and the Purple Stuff (SWG) are some of the top sequestrants. You can also find other brands with similar products, some of which are noticeably less expensive. Sequestrants based on HEDP, phosphonic acid, or phosphonic acid derivatives are the most effective.

Good luck!