Can't keep pump primed

coopgraphic

Nov 28, 2019
Northern Ohio
I am having an issue with getting air out of my system/keeping the pump primed. I added a solar controller this spring so I did adjust the plumbing from last year but I don't see how that could be causing the issue. I have checked all the connections and used silicone grease on the gaskets to ensure a tight fit. I've turned the system off and inspected for water leaks to see if there are any spots that air might be getting in and I can't find any. I even isolated the system away from the solar controller valve with manual valves to narrow it down and still having the issue.

When I turn on the pump, the water from the skimmer keeps fluctuation from normal to where it acts like its sucking down more than what the skimmer can give it. The water level of the pool is about in the middle of the skimmer door. I keep releasing the pressure on the filter housing at the top until water comes out...then it goes through its cycle of starving for water and there's more air to be let out.

Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    284.9 KB · Views: 5
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    165.8 KB · Views: 5
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    198.7 KB · Views: 4
  • 4.jpg
    4.jpg
    338.3 KB · Views: 5
It is pulling to much water from your skimmer.. You will need to bring your water level up about an inch or 2 more so no air is coming through the skimmer.. There should not be a tornado looking event in the skimmer... :)

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.