Can't get TA to drop

Drew80

Feb 26, 2013
Austin, TX
I've gotten advice to drop my TA down a bit so I don't have to fight my pH all the time. My pH is constantly rising - I add about 5 cups of muriatic per week, give or take. My TA is currently 80 and I'm trying to drop it to around 60.

I've tried multiple times bringing my pH down to 7 and then aerating, and every time my pH comes back up as expected but the TA doesn't move. I've been sitting at 80 for weeks.

Any advice?

So right after you add acid, TA does not drop? If so, you may not be adding enough. Are you following the steps in pool school?

Does your fill water have high TA? If so, you may be adding it back in when you top off the pool.

Then something is being added to the pool. TA only rises when something is added to the pool. What are you adding besides chlorine and water? If nothing, then it must be the fill water.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.