Cannot Find Normal Strength MA

kchinger

Aug 20, 2017
Southeast PA
I can't seem to find any of my usual 31.45% muriatic acid anywhere nearby. Lowe's, Home Depot, pool store, Walmart, Amazon even.

Everything seems to now be the "green" low odor stuff which is basically just a weaker version (unlabeled of course) with some other stuff in it to stop splashing and stuff.

Is it just around me or is this widespread? Is the green stuff ok, just more expensive and I think only around 20% from what I can tell?

What are my options?

It’s usually the same price, or close enough but when you factor in that it’s half strength, you have to buy double. My HD and Lowe’s were sold out of the strong stuff most times I looked this summer. Try your pool stores. It would be worth it to pay $2 more a jug instead of $10 for a second jug.

Alright, thanks for the help folks. Home Depot doesn't show it online, didn't check in store (I'm tired of wasting time driving around to get stuff that doesn't exist, Lowe's showed 24 in stock, actually had 0, I'm amazed at their stock levels sometimes).

Leslie didn't show online, but I called and they do have 2 gallons for $16 of 33%, which is actually close to or better than I think I paid at Lowe's. So I'll be doing that, thanks.

I had similar (bad) luck earlier this week at our local HD and Lowes. Both had pallets of the familiar HDX...but on closer inspection it was only 14.5%. :mad:

Found some 29% at Leslie's. I guess that will have to do for now.

I had similar (bad) luck earlier this week at our local HD and Lowes. Both had pallets of the familiar HDX...but on closer inspection it was only 14.5%. :mad:

Found some 29% at Leslie's. I guess that will have to do for now.

That's all I've ever seen at HD or Lowe's here in California. Leslie's has the stronger stuff.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.