Can you do macros with the Pentair Intellicenter?

MCF50

Aug 18, 2020
Houston
For example, is it possible to have it so when I turn on one feature another feature turns off? For example my pool is running at 2000rpm. I want to turn on my bubblers set at 1200rpm. They both are on the same pump so if the pool is running at 2000rpm and I turn the bubblers on the bubblers come on (valve opens) but the pump is still at 2000 rpm because the pump doesn't know any difference. Panel prioritizes the higher rpm. I would like to set if that if the pool is running and I turn on the bubblers, the pool turns off.

You shouldn't need to do a group for what you want to do.

Go to pump setup and assign a pump speed to the feature circuit that you want.

When the circuit is selected, the pump should change to the assigned speed.

"Speed Circuits: Assign the speeds to the circuits you wish to use.

Tap Speed Circuits and tap Add Circuits to assign a new AUX circuit.

To change the pump speed of a listed circuits, tap the AUX name to change the assigned RPM setting.

Tap Return to save the setting and return to the previous screen."

You shouldn't need to do a group for what you want to do.

Go to pump setup and assign a pump speed to the feature circuit that you want.

When the circuit is selected, the pump should change to the assigned speed.

"Speed Circuits: Assign the speeds to the circuits you wish to use.

Tap Speed Circuits and tap Add Circuits to assign a new AUX circuit.

To change the pump speed of a listed circuits, tap the AUX name to change the assigned RPM setting.

Tap Return to save the setting and return to the previous screen."
I agree but unless I am misunderstood what u ha e said if a pump is used for multiple features it will always default to higher speed if two features are on.

The installation and owner's guides can be found at the below page.

You use a feature circuit and designate it as a "group". They don't use the word macro for Intellicenter.

I have read it. Thoroughly. But unless u understand Pentarian u need a translator.

Yeah. I just tried. I created a Group Circuit. Added Bubbler Circuit. Added Pool Circuit. Saved it. Went back to it. Set Pool Circuit to Off. Went to features screen. Bubblers shows up under group feature. It turns pool and bubblers on so pump runs at pools speed. Learning more and more Pentair kinda sucks. The app is HORRIBLE. Logs me out every time I am using it.

Ok...now that I have had some sleep, can someone tell me how to make a group that works? All I want to accomplish is if the Pool 'Feature' (not even really sure if it is a feature as it doesn't show up under Features, it only shows up under 'Pool') is on and I turn on the Bubblers the pump runs at speed set for the Bubblers, and not the pool. I thought I did it by creating a group on app with Pool and Bubblers. On app I clicked on Pool in the group and set it to 'Off'. Went to features page and the group appears. Turn it and the bubblers go to pool rpm. The group i created actually turned on both pool and bubblers making bubblers run at pool rpm.

Pentair programming is very confusing.

Maybe the Pool circuit takes priority.

Try this:

Change the pool speed to 1,200 rpm.

Then, you can use a feature circuit to make it run faster.

Put the feature circuit in a group with the bubbler and set it to off in the group.

Reactions: MyAZPool and MCF50

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
For example, change the Pool speed to 1,200 rpm.

Create a feature circuit called ABC and set it to 2,000 rpm for the same time period as the pool.

Make a group with the bubbler and ABC with ABC turned off.

Make sure that you set a speed for the heater circuit so that the pump is going fast enough when the heater is on.

For example, change the Pool speed to 1,200 rpm.

Create a feature circuit called ABC and set it to 2,000 rpm for the same time period as the pool.

Make a group with the bubbler and ABC with ABC turned off.

Make sure that you set a speed for the heater circuit so that the pump is going fast enough when the heater is on.
Thanks..that should work. Way more convoluted than it should be.....the heater can only be turned on with either the spa or pool obviously and it has no problem heating at low flows. If there isn't enough flow it won't kick on.

Nope. Wont work. If any circuit that uses the same pump is running at a higher rpm when I turn on the bubbler group circuit all that is going to happen is the valve is going to swing to direct all water to the bubblers but pump will co timid to run at the higher speed. Not going to lower pool running speed because I have it perfect run time to create chlorine and effectively skim pool.

If you change the pump running speed to 1,200 rpm and also create a feature circuit that runs at 2,000 rpm at the same time, the pump will run at 2,000 rpm, which is what you want it to do.

For the bubbler group, set the feature circuit to off and the bubbler speed to 1,200 rpm and then the pump will run at 1,200 rpm.

You want to be careful not to create a situation where the heater does not receive enough flow.

For a 400,000 btu/hr gas heater, you need a minimum of 40 gpm.

At 1,200 rpm, the flow will probably be less than 40 gpm.

I would set a higher speed for the heater circuit just to be safe. Probably 2,000 rpm if that is what works now.

Alternatively, leave the pump speed at 2,000 rpm and adjust the valve so that it does not completely shut off the returns when the bubbler circuit is activated.

Adjust the valve settings so that the bubbler gets the right pressure and the rest of the water goes to the returns.

Maybe take the bubbler off of the pool plumbing and put it on the sheer pump.

You can choose bubbler, sheer or both.

Will you want the bubbler on at the same time as the sheers?

If you change the pump running speed to 1,200 rpm and also create a feature circuit that runs at 2,000 rpm at the same time, the pump will run at 2,000 rpm, which is what you want it to do.

For the bubbler group, set the feature circuit to off and the bubbler speed to 1,200 rpm and then the pump will run at 1,200 rpm.

You want to be careful not to create a situation where the heater does not receive enough flow.

For a 400,000 btu/hr gas heater, you need a minimum of 40 gpm.

At 1,200 rpm, the flow will probably be less than 40 gpm.

I would set a higher speed for the heater circuit just to be safe. Probably 2,000 rpm if that is what works now.

Alternatively, leave the pump speed at 2,000 rpm and adjust the valve so that it does not completely shut off the returns when the bubbler circuit is activated.

Adjust the valve settings so that the bubbler gets the right pressure and the rest of the water goes to the returns.
Thanks....I am absorbing all your info. Thanks!! I did have the valve creeped to still allow water to go to pool and hot tub when using bubbles but one night was in hot tub and turned on bubblers (can't use hot tub and bubblers at same time) and felt the cold water entering hot tub...that is what has caused this whole issue!!! Previously bubblers and pool ran at same speed and bubblers were perfect height...but now that I have made the change I am heck bent on figuring out a way to make it work...LOL.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.