Can someone tell me what these things do?

bajetzkie

Dec 25, 2020
Florida
The only thing i know in this pic is where I put the tablets in, and how to turn that thing on.

Can someone help and tell me what A, B, C, D and E is and what it does? Is there a specific order i turn these on/off? C requires the pressure to be relieved before i open it. It contains a drain basket looking filter.

pump and filter.jpg

Someone correct me if im wrong,

A: Pressure release for filter
B: Drains water when pump is running
C: Pump
D: I believe is the coming from your skimmers
E: I'm not sure... lol

someone smarter will confirm or correct me

The big hunk of egg thing is your filter housing, and yes there is a filter in there that needs to be cleaned. You would first need to release the pressure on the housing to open it. How much pressure is on the gauge on top if it works?

I always find it easier to just follow the flow of the water. In your case the water goes like this:

1. Sucked in from the skimmer and drain, which is controlled by the valve labeled as D
2. The water goes into the pump. Specifically there is a skimmer type basket that is labeled C that catches debris before the water goes into the pump.
3. From there the water goes up, then back down and into your filter (egg looking thing). There is a drain at the bottom of your filter labeled E, that you only use when cleaning the filter.
4. After the filter the water leaves the filter and passes by the automatic chlorinator (cylinder looking thing) then down underground and to your returns.

Last edited:
Reactions: HermanTX
WOW! You are already so far ahead of the newbie game it is great! ASK and ask and ask some more! We all started where you are so understand what you are feeling!

The egg is your filter. I am guessing it is a cartridge filter. Are there ANY markings or stickers on it? We will teach you how to open and clean it when it it needs it.

Kim:kim:

Reactions: magiteck
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.