Can Pentair EasyTouch Control Jandy Watercolors LED Lights?

Feb 17, 2017
HI
Apart from lighting, we plan to have all pentair equipment (i.e., IntelliFlo VS, IntelliChlor, etc.). However, we need to include a vertically-mounted light in a submerged bench seat. As pentair doesn't seem to have one for this type of application we are having to go with a Jandy pro series watercolors LED light, which supports such placement using their nicheless LED light. As we planned on controlling our system via an EasyTouch controller, we are asking if this controller can control a Jandy nicheless LED light (cycle through colors, etc.)? And if so, could we mix this Jandy light with a pentair IntelliBrite 5G main pool light and still be able to control colors (but probably not sync colors automatically I'd imagine?), or would we have to make the second light (main pool light) a Jandy watercolors LED light to get the ET to control the two lights? Thanks

Maui,

Well, the manual for the pro series says they can be controlled by several of Jandy controllers and by a normal light switch.

So worst case, the EasyTouch can turn the lights on and off and you can set the color you want by turning them on/off in a set pattern.

My gut says you will not be able to sync the Jandy lights "automatically" with your Pentair lights.

You just need to make sure that the Jandy light has an individual relay dedicated for its use.

That would be a worst case scenario..

Thanks for posting,

Jim R.

I looked at the GloBrite but our PB says that there's no pentair light that can 'officially' be mounted vertically (i.e., on a shelf, bench, etc.). Whereas the jandy nicheless LED has this use case explicitly described within their installation manual. And regarding what we're actually trying to accomplish, we're needing to place a submerged light in such a manner as to illuminate a waterfall that sits within a raised beam on the edge of the pool. The waterfall has a bench underneath it so one can run the falling water over their neck/shoulders. Placing a light on the wall behind the bench wouldn't provide enough uplight to nicely illuminate the water feature above. And the LED-equipped sheer descent type waterfalls wouldn't really blend in well with our more organic design theme (a strip of LEDs is too 'techno' for our theme). So placing a light towards the back of the bench seems the most effective, and we've seen this successfully done with other projects.

That's a bad idea. What's wrong with a Pentair Globrite?

Pentair GloBrite LED Light 602056 - 150 Foot Cord | Pentair 602056

What are you trying to achieve with a vertically mounted light?

I don't see why a globrite can't be mounted vertically... What's the difference? Water exerts pressure equally in all directions on its container so there is no reason the conditions the light experiences would be any different. The only limitation I've seen in their installation literature was a 4" water depth minimum but I've broken that rule several times without issue.

I know for me it would drive me crazy to have lights out of sync and not able to be accurately controlled by the automation system I invested in.

I completely agree with you regarding there not appearing to be any reason why even the 'spa' version of an IntelliBrite 5G can't be installed vertically. But our PB says that they asked their pentair rep who apparently indicated that they've never tested for vertical installation and they don't recommend it. And with the syncing across our two pool lights, I'm actually not so concerned about this because in practice I think we'd be most inclined to use the bench light to essentially be lighting the water feature (so we would typically have it on 'white') and then use the pool's main light (Intellibrite 5G or ???) to flood the pool with color effects. But we would still want to be able to use the ET to turn the bench light on/off...

I don't see why a globrite can't be mounted vertically... What's the difference? Water exerts pressure equally in all directions on its container so there is no reason the conditions the light experiences would be any different. The only limitation I've seen in their installation literature was a 4" water depth minimum but I've broken that rule several times without issue.

I know for me it would drive me crazy to have lights out of sync and not able to be accurately controlled by the automation system I invested in.

If all you want to do is turn the light on and off and never change the color, then yes, an easy touch should be able to accomplish that as long as you have an extra relay. But, I would think you might wanna change the color on occasion or sync it to the rest of your lighting. I think it would be kinda cool to have the waterfall change colors in a party mode. I'm with Brian on this one, I would just place a globrite there, and always have the option of changing colors or syncing. It would drive me crazy to have to cycle on and off if I wanted to change colors.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.