Can I save this pump?

Chappie

Apr 25, 2016
Lafayette, LA
I noticed the pump was making more noise than normal, and called my supplier for ideas. They had me take a picture of the shaft, which was corroded because the counter-clockwise screw that holds everything in had come loose. This invalidates the warranty on my 4 month old pump. It still works, but the noise is getting worse, and I'm sure it's not long for the world. Can a motor shop repair this, or is it time to start over?

It depends on how bad the corrosion is. The shaft is balanced so any significant corrosion is going to throw off the balance in addition to the added wear and tear. Are they saying it is not covered under warranty? Wouldn't the loose screw be part of the assembly that was done by the factory and since not tightened, be a covered issue?

It depends on how bad the corrosion is. The shaft is balanced so any significant corrosion is going to throw off the balance in addition to the added wear and tear. Are they saying it is not covered under warranty? Wouldn't the loose screw be part of the assembly that was done by the factory and since not tightened, be a covered issue?

The screw that was loose was the one that tightened down the impeller. I assume that was what caused the leak, but it could have been something else. At any rate, any leak or seal issues are not covered.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.