Can I close the pressure return line?

Pantheredeye

Jun 22, 2019
Memphis, TN
We have a two return lines that pipe to the jets, as well as a dedicated pressure line that a booster pump is connected to. The Polaris that we have is busted. The port for the Polaris is open to the pool and water is freely pumping out of it. I am pretty sure it is reducing the pressure of the jets, the front jets are barely pushing any water. Can I close that port, or convert it to a jet?

It’s not affecting the pull of the skimmers. It may be reducing their effectiveness of skimming, because only the deep end jets are pushing any significant water. The front jets are not strong enough to push water toward the opposite skimmer. Thanks for the help. I did not want to increase the system pressure by closing that line and cause an issue.

Thanks for the links, I will review.

Unscrew the Universal Wall Fitting (the part with the two bayonet lugs that the polaris plugs into) and replace it with a 1.5" Hayward eyeball return fitting. That will increase the resistance to flow at the Polaris return and increase the flow/pressure at the other two returns. You can get 3/8", 1/2". 3/4" and 1" eyeballs. The Polaris UWF has a 1-1/8" opening, so I'd try a 3/4" eyeball first. If that isn't enough, you could try a 1/2" eyeball.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.