Can anyone take a look at the equipment list?

Mar 30, 2017
Frisco
Newbie here. Can anyone please suggest, if we need to make modifications to the list of equipment listed in the bid. Anything that we are missing or should have? I'll be reading more in the mean time but any suggestion is very much appreciated.

Time clock dual w/ freezegurad-PF1202T LP43
AS2 air switch, Tubing push button
Jandy 2.0 HP Stealth-SHPM2.0 JD36
Jandy Heater 400 BTU JXI Natural gas-JX1400N TL40JN
Jandy 460 cartridge filter-CV460 JD23
Polaris 280 vac sweep w/pump white PLS280
in-line chlorinator-R171096 PT12
Jdy color LED pool light 50' cord-CPHVLEDS50 LT132
Jdy color LED spa light 100' cord-CSHVLED100 LT133
Polaris QT blower 1.5 HP-1-470-02 AZ24
SVRS System **Frisco

Which one is variable speed/flow pump here?

Right off the bat I can see you have a Puck based chlorinator listed. ( The in-line chlorinator-R171096 PT12) For vacation use this is fine, but you are going to want another source of chlorine for everyday use. Either a SWG, stenner, liquidator or manual dosing. Puck chlorinators are not good for everyday use since they add other stuff that you then have to drain your pool to get rid of.

- - - Updated - - -

EDIT!!! The Jandy 2.0 HP Stealth-SHPM2.0 JD36 is the variable speed pump and motor. ENDEDIT!!!!

That model is not a variable speed motor and pump. Please excuse my misread.

sun,

The SVRS system may or may not be a Frisco requirement. Since your new pool will have dual main drains I don't think it is a requirement. You might want to check with them and make sure. I would not recommend the SVRS if you can get around it.

The Polaris and its associated booster pump are pretty much 20 year old technology. Kind of like an old-black rotary dial phone compared to today's cell phone. I suggest you dump them and go with a modern robot.

See this thread... https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=1&cad=rja&uact=8&ved=0ahUKEwiq2OLW05_TAhVT62MKHdkNBCUQFggkMAA&url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.troublefreepool.com%2Fthreads%2F120447-First-Robotic-Cleaner-Doheny-s-Discovery&usg=AFQjCNF7QGio9kpCzaS2BOtLOgO6r_gRkw

In my opinion, a saltwater pool is the only way to fly. Reduces maintenance by 50% or more.

When I look up your Jandy pump, I'm not sure if it is a variable speed pump or not. It would be well worth making sure it is. It should be illegal to build a new pool without a VS pump... :cool:

Thanks for posting,

Thank you so much for pointing out. We've always verbally asked if the pump is variable speed and he always replied 'yes'. I can see in the itemized estimate, they are charging $1189 for polaris 280 vac sweep and $840 for Jandy 2.0 HP stealth. I wonder if we can just buy ourselves and have them installed. Which robot cleaner and pump is the most recommended one, could you please point me in the right direction?

sun,

The SVRS system may or may not be a Frisco requirement. Since your new pool will have dual main drains I don't think it is a requirement. You might want to check with them and make sure. I would not recommend the SVRS if you can get around it.

The Polaris and its associated booster pump are pretty much 20 year old technology. Kind of like an old-black rotary dial phone compared to today's cell phone. I suggest you dump them and go with a modern robot.

See this thread... https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct...covery&usg=AFQjCNF7QGio9kpCzaS2BOtLOgO6r_gRkw

In my opinion, a saltwater pool is the only way to fly. Reduces maintenance by 50% or more.

When I look up your Jandy pump, I'm not sure if it is a variable speed pump or not. It would be well worth making sure it is. It should be illegal to build a new pool without a VS pump... :cool:

Thanks for posting,

- - - Updated - - -

I got it, thank you so much for pointing out. I'm loosing trust on these builder now.

Right off the bat I can see you have a Puck based chlorinator listed. ( The in-line chlorinator-R171096 PT12) For vacation use this is fine, but you are going to want another source of chlorine for everyday use. Either a SWG, stenner, liquidator or manual dosing. Puck chlorinators are not good for everyday use since they add other stuff that you then have to drain your pool to get rid of.

- - - Updated - - -

EDIT!!! The Jandy 2.0 HP Stealth-SHPM2.0 JD36 is the variable speed pump and motor. ENDEDIT!!!!

That model is not a variable speed motor and pump. Please excuse my misread.

Sun,

Although I'm very much pro automation, it is not needed for just a VS pump. In fact, if you don't have automation, the pump becomes the timer, using its build-in control panel. A VS pump does away with the requirement to use the quoted "Time clock dual w/ freezegurad-PF1202T LP43"

I highly recommend that you get a VS pump.

For reference, I can run my VS pump, 24/7, for less than $20 bucks a month.

Check out the link in my original post for what looks to me to be the best robot buys..

Thanks,

Jim R.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.