Can anyone show me your “natural” water-Line tile pictures? (Browns/greys)

lgibson888

Apr 4, 2020
Texas
Ahhhhh! I am pulling my hair out trying to decide on colors!
mouth coping is tan, and the cool deck will be a lighter cream color. Our house brick is browns and reds.

I need to decide on tile and plasterthis weekend ???
I like a more neutral look. No bright blue/ green tiles. And darker water, but not too dark ?
Anyone have pictures that match that description? I’m ok with subtle blue accents in the tile.
Show me whatcha got! ??0C300839-73DD-4CF9-A21C-CAE9EC2A0084.jpeg

Waterline tiles are 2000 vintage. This along the lines of what you are looking for?

D660314C-82B4-46DB-8ACB-BC69D5E45C65.jpeg

C41D9C01-8C8D-4983-9D0A-5D8C5FEF45A2.jpeg

Reactions: lgibson888
Thank you - the finish is WetEdge Satin Matrix in Northshore Tahoe, but with extra black. I have the formula somewhere if you would like, but basically I think they switched the proportion of gold and black so there was more black. My pool is in direct sun all day and doesn't get much over 5' depth, so I wanted it a bit darker/richer than the normal Northshore Tahoe. At least when I put it in, 3 years ago, the color was in the basic/first tier of colors, so no upcharge. It is definitely an aquamarine color, which I love. There are many on the forum who don't want any hint of green in their water color, so if you want a pure blue, this would not be for you.

Love it,
Thank you - the finish is WetEdge Satin Matrix in Northshore Tahoe, but with extra black. I have the formula somewhere if you would like, but basically I think they switched the proportion of gold and black so there was more black. My pool is in direct sun all day and doesn't get much over 5' depth, so I wanted it a bit darker/richer than the normal Northshore Tahoe. At least when I put it in, 3 years ago, the color was in the basic/first tier of colors, so no upcharge. It is definitely an aquamarine color, which I love. There are many on the forum who don't want any hint of green in their water color, so if you want a pure blue, this would not be for you.
I was debating between midnight blue and Tahoe, but was afraid of going too dark. We have full sun too. I’m leaning heavily towards Tahoe!

I looked up my notes, and what the installation guy said was the normal mix was 10 bags of gold to 2 bags of black. Mine was 9 bags of gold to 3 bags of black. They could probably customize it more. My pool builder had the regular Tahoe, and I think he preferred mine. If you would like more photos, I am happy to help. I remember well the tough decisions!

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
We went neutral on all our colors. However, we went light on the pool interior. We figured the lighter color would allow us to see any problems with the water or finish.

Attachments

• 4EA3F6FF-A385-409D-980E-31A82A5192C8.jpeg
    4EA3F6FF-A385-409D-980E-31A82A5192C8.jpeg
    629.4 KB · Views: 196
  • 7D35769F-C42A-45E9-8222-642D4A3C4EA4.jpeg
    7D35769F-C42A-45E9-8222-642D4A3C4EA4.jpeg
    545.7 KB · Views: 195
  • 3A511E11-8474-4DBA-9187-F16C25158A63.jpeg
    3A511E11-8474-4DBA-9187-F16C25158A63.jpeg
    363.5 KB · Views: 189
Hi - @Bcrule - this is beautiful. What type of material is this waterline tile? Color? Size? It looks like 12 x 48...we are considering large format waterline tile, but haven't seen many applications. Love this!

Thank you.
The tile is from a company called Mosa. They are not a pool tile company, but the particular tile we got, from their "Quartz" line, was rated for pool use. I believe mine are 8"x24", but they come in many more sizes - up to 36", I think. The color of mine is 4103v (4103 for Basalt Grey, the "V" for smooth). I think the supplier we used was out of Dallas.
We've been very happy with it.

Thank you.
The tile is from a company called Mosa. They are not a pool tile company, but the particular tile we got, from their "Quartz" line, was rated for pool use. I believe mine are 8"x24", but they come in many more sizes - up to 36", I think. The color of mine is 4103v (4103 for Basalt Grey, the "V" for smooth). I think the supplier we used was out of Dallas.
We've been very happy with it.
Obsessed! Thank you so much for sharing. Some more questions...

Was the finish "glazed"? If not, did you seal (and re-seal)? Any issues with 'ring around the pool'?

Salt system or chlorine?

Is wet edge a 'must have'? We are contemplating straight plaster :eek:

Obsessed! Thank you so much for sharing. Some more questions...

Was the finish "glazed"? If not, did you seal (and re-seal)? Any issues with 'ring around the pool'?

Salt system or chlorine?

Is wet edge a 'must have'? We are contemplating straight plaster :eek:

Hi - they are a finished porcelain tile, so I think they would be consider glazed. They are just not shiny. There was no sealing involved. I have very much liked only having a vertical grout line every two feet, and no horizontal grout lines. No problems with any "ring around the pool".
I have been using liquid chlorine the last 3 years, but I am having a salt system installed this year. I am just waiting on the installer to fit me in his schedule.
I picked a pebble finish because I like the look, and I was under the impression that they last a bit longer than straight plaster. I have never had a pool before, so I don't know if this is true. I would probably have been just as happy with a regular plaster pool. I have seen many that I think are beautiful. I think a "French grey" plaster would probably give a very similar water color. I don't know what water color you are hoping for. Mine is definitely aquamarine, which I love. However, many people don't want any hint of green in their water, which mine certainly has.

Lgibson888- I hope you don't mind this discussion on your thread.

Hi - they are a finished porcelain tile, so I think they would be consider glazed. They are just not shiny. There was no sealing involved. I have very much liked only having a vertical grout line every two feet, and no horizontal grout lines. No problems with any "ring around the pool".
I have been using liquid chlorine the last 3 years, but I am having a salt system installed this year. I am just waiting on the installer to fit me in his schedule.
I picked a pebble finish because I like the look, and I was under the impression that they last a bit longer than straight plaster. I have never had a pool before, so I don't know if this is true. I would probably have been just as happy with a regular plaster pool. I have seen many that I think are beautiful. I think a "French grey" plaster would probably give a very similar water color. I don't know what water color you are hoping for. Mine is definitely aquamarine, which I love. However, many people don't want any hint of green in their water, which mine certainly has.

Lgibson888- I hope you don't mind this discussion on your thread.
Not at all!

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.