Can a Robot and a Fountain Coexist?

Rustmeister

Bronze Supporter
Apr 19, 2020
Memphis TN
I have an S200 (love it), and recently bought a floating Grecian Fountain for the pool.

Problem is, the fountain has a long hose that runs from the return to the fountain, so it can be put in the middle of the pool.

I see no possible way I can leave the fountain in while running the robot.

Pulling the fountain out won't be a big problem, but I was just curious if anyone has any insight.

Regarding the hose, does it sit on the bottom? If not then the only contact with your bot would be when it climbs the wall near the connection. Have you watched the bot operate with the fountain in place and connected? Does the bot wrestle with the fountain? I'm trying to visualize how they might get tangled up.

Yes, the hose runs from a return along the bottom. There's an anchor that sits on the bottom as well, holding the floating fountain head in place. The robot cord can get tangled with the hose.

Right now I pull the hose up along the side of the pool and turn the floater upside down in the water. No problems when I do that.

Reactions: Oly
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.