Calibrate Aquarite T3

Jun 18, 2016
Midlothian, TX
I have an Aquarite T3 SWG. It is reading 2000 salt level and saying that it is low salt and therefore not generating chlorine. I bought some new test strips and brought my water to the pool place. Both agree that my salt is actually on the high side. I followed the procedure at http://www.inyopools.com/HowToPage/how_to_recalibrate_the_salt_level_on_a_hayward_aqua_rite.aspx, and it is true that it does start a countdown. However, it starts a countdown from 2300. Is there another way to force the salt count to go higher?

Thanks in advance,
Jonathan

Press the little black button and note the readings.

What are the first four characters of the serial number of the box and cell?

What is the actual salinity?
Hi James. Thanks for the help so far. Sorry about the delay. Based on this manual, I believe that the information below is correct:

Box Serial Number: *5A0501-1013277*
Cell Serial Number: A-15-0402-15GXY-46 (note, the cell is a SimpleCell, not Aquarite, I'm not sure if that matters)

Pool Temp - 90
Voltage - 26.8
Current - 1.86
Desired Output - 100P
Instant Salinity - 2100
Product Name - AL-1
Software - 1.59
Chlorinator cell type - T-3

Actual salinity, according to my salinity test and confirmed by Leslie's Pool, is 3600

I have photos of the diagnostics, but the values seem to logically match up with the manual that I referenced.

The box is from 2005. The circuit board has been replaced. I think that the box is ok.

I think that the cell is probably bad. Check for scale and clean if necessary. If it's clean, I think that it's time to replace the cell.

I would go with a Hayward T-15.

The box is from 2005. The circuit board has been replaced. I think that the box is ok.

I think that the cell is probably bad. Check for scale and clean if necessary. If it's clean, I think that it's time to replace the cell.

I would go with a Hayward T-15.
Ok, that's what I was suspecting. I cleaned the cell last weekend. My cousin got a T-15 + board for around $625. Does that sound about right? Where would you get one from?

More out of curiosity than anything else, how do you know that the board has been replaced and is ok?

Thanks for your help.

You can find a Hayward T-15 for about $525.00.

A box from 2005 would have come with software revision 1.40. The R-1.59 is a newer version.

The voltage looks good and steady. So, that usually means that the box is ok.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.